Main Menu

Boo Cook's Anderson

Started by Proudhuff, 27 June, 2011, 11:01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

There's a fair bit about the Anderson strip on Boo's Blog: All tomorrow's particles, along with some loverly artwork and the Anderson @ 50 thang, however how good would this be as a screen saver?

DDT did a job on me

Pete Wells

I adore Boo's work on Anderson - the colours are SO vibrant and he packs every panel with cool little Dredd references. There's one in particular in this month's Meg where it's a line of people with hover bikes and such. Just so many cool little designs in one panel, an absolute joy to read...

Proudhuff

your just saying that cuase you have a shop there  ;)

the Judges helmets a la Minty are a great touch too.
DDT did a job on me

Steve Green

The art on this has started from a highpoint, and rocketed.

Beautiful lighting capping some great panels, and some nice in-jokes.

DeSainte

I have to admit that when I heard Mr. Cook would be drawing Cass I had my doubts.

Now, after a number of stories I have to say that my doubts have been shot down and burned away in spectacular fashion.

The artwork is exceptional and the colours vibrant.

Mr. Cook, you've gained a fan and I'll never doubt you again.

:-X

Hoagy

`By the end of this instalment of Anderson Psi, Boo seemed to be showing much of the passion he's deliberated on doing in his conference and in flashes of the strip. When I've spoke to him in 2006 he was an artist still playing with modes and ideas. I hope he's getting to where I see it going.

EDIT; Oh and I love the chubster on the skysurfer. :)
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

staticgirl

I tell you I actually gasped out loud when I saw those explosion pages. Superb stuff.

artdroid_Lee Carter

I love the way he does Andersons face, very nice technique he has. And his elephant man stuff is top notch