Main Menu

NEW BRITISH COMIC

Started by TheAbnormals, 04 July, 2011, 06:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAbnormals

Hey folks,

I've just published a new comic and wanted to bring it to your attention! I'd love to know what you think of the characters and premise so take a look see at www.theabnormals.co.uk.

Please feel free to take part in the poll on the homepage: so far comic book poltergeists seem more popular than trolls, humoanoid ants and (surely not!) dinosaurs! And if you fancy checking out some more artwork'n'stuff have a look at The Abnormals page on Facebook where you can let me know whether troglodytes really do make better heroes than human/alien hybrids, imps, masked psychics and rubber robots from the future! You can also follow AbnormalsComic on Twitter.

I've also cut and posted my press notice below - if you like what you read, check out that website!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uncanny underground!
New comic explores the mysteries beneath the streets of London

There is a dark and twisted universe just below your feet. In 'Subterranea,' the dangerous netherworld beneath London's streets, all the myths and legends you ever heard are true.

Down in the darkness demons dwell and villains gather and plot. Ghosts and monsters roam long-forgotten passageways while visitors from other dimensions tear through rifts in time and space.

Deeper still, warps in reality have formed swamps, forests and vast primordial plains, on which dwell all manner of alien civilisations and curious creatures. It is said there is even a chasm that leads all the way to the centre of the Earth... where, as everyone knows, the dinosaurs live.

There are untold horrors in those caverns and corridors, and only Britain's strangest superheroes can prevent them from bubbling and boiling to the surface.

Led by secret agent Meena Malhotra, The Abnormals are: The Bouncer - a robotic policeman from the future; The Link - an otherworldly psychic; the space-manipulating Angie Gray; Throwback - an energy controlling troglodyte; and Nasty - an imp from the fourth moon of hell.

'The Abnormals was inspired by all those weird stories about the London underground,' says series creator Grant Springford. 'I read that, when the first tunnels were constructed, the church warned the digging would disturb the devil. Since then there's been no end to the strange things people have reported. And that's what the comic's all about: what if all those stories were true? And what if they were just the tip of the iceberg?'

And it's not just the inhabitants of Subterranea that provoke fear. 'I wanted to make my superheroes as strange as the threats they face,' says Grant. 'The real star of the comic, though, is the city. I love London and it's great fun to bring its mysterious side to life.'

The first issue takes place at Westminster station and features the terrifying Ragged Ghosts, evidence that the Roman empire lives on and an answer to the question 'why do so many umbrellas go missing on public transport?'[/color]