Main Menu

Active Topics

Started by 500, 22 July, 2011, 11:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have now completed and uploaded the new active topics system.  :D

The 'Active Topics' link at the top of the page will now take you to a section that displays all topics in order of activity and not just the ones you haven't read.

Please reply to this thread with any bugs / discrepancies etc

Proudhuff

well done that man! carry on
DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

Allah Akbar!

QuotePlease reply to this thread with any bugs / discrepancies etc
I hate to be the one to carp (NB not true, I love it) but while the function does bring back all the recent topics, it flags them all as "New." Even the ones I know I've read and which don't have the same flag if I go into the sub-forum directly.
We never really die.

Dandontdare

Bloody carper! Actually, you just beat me to it pointing out that topics are stil marked as new even if there are no new posts.

Also, the old system put a little star on topics that you'd contributed to in the past - not a big deal, but this would be nice as it's always more interesdting to check back on subjects you've been involved in.

Proudhuff

Ignore them its great  :D
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

Woo-hoo!

You have no idea how much I've missed this. My day has been made, Sir - thank you!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JOE SOAP

well there is just no pleasing some people!  :P

Will look into the new image issue and the flagging of topics when I next get the chance

I, Cosh

This moon has no stick!
We never really die.

w3bz

Quote from: The Cosh on 22 July, 2011, 02:51:01 PM
This moon has no stick!

I'll give you a stick alright! Settle down now before you suffer the same fate as your name and I ain't talking about no hyberbolic cosine Earthlet! ;)

Van Dom

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 22 July, 2011, 01:49:01 PM
This Topic is Active:

Bloody hell! A Topic! Havent seen one of them in the shops for ages - do they still make them? And presumably sell them, somewhere?
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

vzzbux

They still do topics. Although it has been months since I had one. Mmmmmmmmm Topic.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Jared Katooie

Now all we need is the Active Topics option back.

Ok, so now any posts that haven't been read will have a 'new' image next to them and any posts that you have contributed to are marked with *

Dandontdare

I hate to sound like a miserable nit-picker - you guys are doing a great job, and we're almost there  - but that 'NEW' function isn't working quite right. Since reloading, the active topics page did show a mixture of topics with/without NEW on them, but I've been refreshing a few time over the last 10 minutes and topics are moving up the list as new replies are added, but they aren't getting the NEW label - maybe it's not picking them up if I've looked at that topic today, rather than since the post was added?

Liking the return of the asterisk though!