Main Menu

Prometheus

Started by Mardroid, 25 July, 2011, 12:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

They showed some footage of Ridley Scott's new science fiction film, the 'sort of Alien prequel' Prometheus, as well as an interview with Ridley Scott and Charlize Theron at the San Diego Comic Con.

Anyway, the link is here. Some minor spoilers. In case you're disappointed, be warned, it's an article describing what happened not actual footage. I found it interesting enough though.

I'm looking forward to this.

Incidentally, I was going to post this in the existing  Alien Prequel thread, but when I attempted to, I got the message "this thread hasn't been posted in in over 120 days.  Please consider starting a new thread unless you really want to reply". I assume from that that a new thread is preferable. If I've made a mistake, my apologies; mods feel free to merge. I don't think it hurts to have a thread with the actual film title though. 

Radbacker

Sounds alot like they've gone with a revision of the Aliens : Paradise script from what I'm hearing on this.  Origin of the Aliens we know from what the Space Jockeys originally used them for.
Hard Sci-fi space battles using no digital tech.

CU Radbacker

dweezil2

Along with Dredd next year this is one of my must see movies.

2012's going to be a great year!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

DrJomster

Quote from: Radbacker on 25 July, 2011, 05:58:48 AM
Hard Sci-fi space battles using no digital tech.

Now that sounds promising!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Radbacker

Its the best bit in the Paradise script so i hope they keep it in(I'll put in spoilers just incase they keep it in and people dont want to be spoiled) [spoiler]is a chase and showdown between a Human Ship and Space Jockeys ship, the Space Jockey ship totally outclasses the human one but adaptable as us monkeys are we have our own tricks,  theres a really tense scene where a gunner is sent up into a big glass/clear dome to track and target the enemy ship, they hoist him up with a bag over his head to aclimatise to the darkness of space then give him some binocular type things and he has top manually look for the ship in the void of space turn off all the lights in the ship and its just him trying to make out targets in the void, the scene is probably one of the tensest things I've ever read and really deserves to be i nthe movie.[/spoiler] its hard to explain but thats the general gist of it

CU Radbacker

willthemightyW

I read an article on this today in sfx and funnily was gonna start a new thread, but what was said in it is covered in the link posted here, and then some. Sounds great, really looking forward to it, I also heard a rumour that the jockeys [spoiler] are revealed to have created the xenomorphs/aliens, but I'm assuming, if true that defies the cannon of AvP, which I dont mind it doing[/spoiler] bit that is just a rumour, I think.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Radbacker

dont worry the AVp movies are no longer cannon from what i understand. 
There's madness erupting all over the net about this movie, people arguing its actually a remake, others saying that they would never need 7 soundstages so its obviouse that they're doing two movies back to back, a prequal to Alien and a sequal to Alien (that apparently fits in between Alien and Aliens). Who knows but its definatly whipping up some publicity.

CU Radbacker

Mardroid

I guess it also depends on when the space-jockeys [spoiler]created the Aliens. If they created them.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]If they just appropriated the Aliens for their weapons division, well, other species like the Predators might have taken them for their own use as well.  (Challenging prey to test their youngsters in their case.) Or the SJs could have created them a while back before the predators came across them. It's suggested that the Predators in AvP tinkered with the Alien DNA to speed up their incubation cycle but I don't think they created them in the first place. The fossilised remains of the Space Jockey in Alien suggest Aliens have been around for a very long time. The investigating chap from the Nostromo who made that remark concerning fossilisation could have misread that of course.[/spoiler]

Of course we don't know that the Aliens will feature at all in Prometheus, since it looks like they're going in a different direction. I hope we see something of them if only at the very end of the film(s), though.

Goaty

Here some scanned images of Prometheus! Now that a weird shape of "eggs"? and is that statue of "Man" at the wall??
But think that cover page is Photoshop badly?

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/48959/give-thanks-some-wicked-new-and-official-prometheus-stills

TordelBack

Interesting, if a bit... 'pretty'.  Still, we've gone this far, we must go on, we have to go on.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Goaty on 23 November, 2011, 12:41:27 PM

that's an understatemnt - the heads don't even look in scale to each other, let alone to the bodies!

JOE SOAP

Those spacesuits and giant 'GodHead' remind me of Ulysses 31. Come to think of it, I'd prefer if it was instead of another Alien film.

Goaty

Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 November, 2011, 07:08:36 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 23 November, 2011, 12:41:27 PM

that's an understatemnt - the heads don't even look in scale to each other, let alone to the bodies!

Someone make an interesting point in 'Net that those was with helmets, and it was photoshop off, oh gosh it like to erase the helmet of Judge Dredd in whole of film!

JOE SOAP

blackmocco

Looks fucking awesome. Can't wait. Didn't think I'd be saying that about this either. Nothing but mystery and dread from these stills...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com