Main Menu

New comic - contributors wanted!

Started by Daveycandlish, 24 August, 2011, 07:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simud

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 30 August, 2011, 03:55:02 PM

Oops, my apologies, missed this post. Just a synopsis will be okay for your character idea.

Hey, Locusts, I was actually asking about the short stories.

Ghastly McNasty

Did some one say Horror Comic? Count me in. Got a few story arcs which should fit the bill.

Not hijacking this project but don't forget Hallowscream is always on the lookout for horror scripts and strips. We got plenty of story submissions for the 2011 issue but there's still time for any artists who want to draw a story from the scripts we already have. Get in touch ghastlymcnasty@backfromthedepths.co.uk

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Quote from: Proudhuff on 28 September, 2011, 03:47:03 PM
Davey, you have PM!!  :D

Do'h! no you haven't its gone AWOL, will try again...  :-[
DDT did a job on me

Daveycandlish

Well I'll look forward to reading it when you get it sorted ;)

Or you could just email me - daveycandlish[AT]tiscali[DOT]co[DOT]uk

I'm kinda holding the fort on this project as Locusts is rowing his way back across the Black Atlantic...
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Hoagy

Hey guys. I'm about finished my October deadlines, so I offer my sequential artistry... um, abilities. And not, obviously, my grammatical artistry, abilities.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Proudhuff

Cheers, Davey,will go and sort that now. I thought Locust might be up to his wotsits with the move,
DDT did a job on me

locustsofdeath!

October 31st is the deadline for submissions! At that time Davey and I will gather everything we've got and make our selections - that's right, as of this moment nothing is set in stone. Lots of great ideas so far, however; we can easily make a great mag out of what we've got!

p.s. Please, no more Lovecraftian scripts; we've got enough of those piled up to sink R'lyeh next time the stars are right.

Daveycandlish

Four more days to halloween, halloween, halloween.
Four more days to halloween and that's the deadline!

Get your submissions in by the weekend folks - there's still time to wow us!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Ooh! After having given up on this, I've just had a brainwave about a good character. Are there any arty types out there willing to do a sketch of something before Monday? If so, PM me. If not, well it'll just need to be a written thing I send off. Bah.
Lock up your spoons!

locustsofdeath!

Daveycandlish

Last day for submissions folks - any writers with ideas,characters, pitches; any artists volunteering their services - better make yourselves known before the Great Pumpkin comes a calling...

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 31 October, 2011, 07:15:03 AM
Last day for submissions folks - any writers with ideas,characters, pitches; any artists volunteering their services - better make yourselves known before the Great Pumpkin comes a calling...

Yep, tonight is it...Davey and I will then begin the hard slog to putting out a quality comic. Everyone who's submitted will hear from us in...I'd say two weeks...

Daveycandlish

THAT'S IT -submissions closed!

Huge thanks to everyone who offered their services and talents. Locusts and I will start sifting through the offerings and let y'all know who are the lucky ones very shortly.

locustsofdeath!

UPDATE: Davey and I have selected MOST of the winning submissions for the magazine - but have no fear if you've not heard from us yet, as we're going to decided on a "second wave" of stories that'll start up as the first wave finishes...we have a few tasty treat in store for you lot, promise.