Main Menu

New comic - contributors wanted!

Started by Daveycandlish, 24 August, 2011, 07:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locustsofdeath!

Daveycandlish

We have the line-up all decided for the first issue!

This little chap will be hosting the comic

and inside you will find

who will also feature as our cover star, as depicted by Neil Ford

there will also be

and this here's the Major

We will also have two terror tales (scripts now with the artists) and a story called Dark Alliances by Dave Withers (currently doing a slight re-write and yet to have an artist assigned)

Not to mention a 3 panel comedy strip and text pieces on Scream comic and Mummy films!

But we won't tell you the title of the mag until we have the logo designed...

Has that whetted your appetite?
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

locustsofdeath!

Davey forgot that there's also the ICE CREAM MAN in the first issue!

That's:

El Bigote by Locust and El Chivo.

Last Road to the Backwoods by Emperor and Mygrimmbrother.

The Major by DodeC and Proudhuff.

Ice Cream Man by Van Dom and Uncle Fester.

El Chivo

Cool. Look forward to seeing Neil's cover

Chi

Daveycandlish

A frame from The Ice Cream Man....

And those terror tales?

The Timeless by Blas Bigatti and Doombot
Waking the Undead by Dave Roberts and Dan Bell

What a line-up!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Simud

Hey, that's a lot of stuff. Eager to see what comes out of this!!

locustsofdeath!

Just wanted to update everyone on this - we're rolling. Several strips have already been drawn, and they look great. Others are in production. We look to remain in target for a release sometime in October-November (one of those chilly, autumn months for atmosphere).

I'd like to get one more strip going, one that would kick in issue 2. Again, it needs to be horror, and it should feature a great character. Please contact me if you have any ideas, or email me a short synopsis including a character description. Self-contained episodes, but there can be an ongoing/overall story arc. 6-8 pages per epsiode, at least three episodes will need to be written before one of our artists starts on it. Thanks!

Daveycandlish

Chaps!

The juggernaut is rolling and stories are coming in!  :)
We still hope to have this out in time for a Halloween launch

Can the creatives involved give me a quick PM to let me know how you are getting on with your contribution - first issue is only a couple of months away!

And if anyone not already listed would like to draw a pin up page, just give me a shout  :P

MenschMaschine

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 27 August, 2012, 10:39:13 AM
And if anyone not already listed would like to draw a pin up page, just give me a shout  :P

I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO CONTRIBUTE WITH A PIN UP FOR SUCH FINE PARTY...

http://brunostahl.deviantart.com/

Neil McClements

In between current job and in preparation for the 'Reflections' (next job but one) I'll do a pin up for you if that's okay. 

Bhuna

I'm free to do a pin-up.... Cheers
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

CrazyFoxMachine

willthemightyW

They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Daveycandlish

Well then Gentlemen, the subjects for pin ups for this issue are;

El Bigote
Mummy films
Characters from Scream comic

Let's see your wares!

chaingunchimp

will fire you a wee pin-up sub by the weekend.
any Particular Mummy films or just mummys in general?
just too metal

my blog: http://chaingunchimp.blogspot.com/

For awesome original art by top comic creators please visit:

http://berserkercomicart.com/