Main Menu

Thank You... Ron!

Started by The Legendary Shark, 28 August, 2011, 07:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

That's a nice blog write-up, Cthulouis, thank you.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

dracula1

Two Guns blazing ... An outstanding heart felt write up and illustration for Ron.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I finally got the chance to sit down and read this. What can I say? You really have played a blinder, oh Splendid Mr. Shark.

Al Ewing's intro is perfect. That man really is a great writer. In a handfull of paragraphs he pays not only pays tribute to Mr. Smith, he gives a nod to us fans. It's just really nice. Sets the tone perfectly.

After that it's page after page of gorgeous art and heartfelt-without-being-schmaltzy messages, all perfectly framed by a Smith-style Dredd visor.

Thanks Shark
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 April, 2012, 06:03:37 PM
May the FSM bless you

I had no idea what this meant - but after asking around I was pointed in the right direction to be touched by His Noodly Appendage. Glory be! I'm saved!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Darren Stephens

Just got around to reading the finished article. Immense. Lovely work from all involved and especially Mr Shark. So glad Mr Smith seemed to like it, too!  :D
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

David Broughton

I loved every contribution to the final comic. Well done for doing a great job putting it all together Mark.  :)   

David Frankum

Greetings all.

Thank you, Ron is very special. Superb! I've just written a post about 'Thank you... Ron' over on my blog. I haven't singled out anyone's contribution as every page is a prize winner. A fantastic effort by all :)

I hope you enjoy!

Thank you... Ron blog post: http://daveyf.co.uk/blog/?p=541

The Legendary Shark

That's a nice, heartfelt write-up, David. Thank you :)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

David Frankum

Not a problem. It was a wonderful project and I'm sure that it meant the same to everyone involved as it did to me. Ron's a legend :)

JayzusB.Christ

So when are we doing 'Thank you Mark Millar', Sharkie?  :)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Neil McClements

Curious to know if anyone has taken up Ron's very kind offer and if so what did he say.

dracula1

I'm trying to muster up some courage but l feel l would be too star struck!  :'(

Spaceghost

I got the lovely email from Ron's daughter with his phone number included and an offer to call him. I'm just too nervous and scared of making a fool of myself. Anyone else called?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Heath C Ackley

Yep I received an email from the lovely Hannah last week.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

strontium_dog_90

Quote from: Lee Bates on 08 May, 2012, 11:59:48 AM
I got the lovely email from Ron's daughter with his phone number included and an offer to call him. I'm just too nervous and scared of making a fool of myself. Anyone else called?

Yeah, I received one, too. Thought it was a very touching thing for them to do, to send a reply out like that.