Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreacherCain

It can be pretty difficult getting an 18 rating these days. Most of the 18 rated films of the 80s have since been reclassified to lower ratings on DVD.

I don't really care about the rating. People place far too much emphasis on it, particularly the US version which, if you've ever seen the doc This Film is Not Yet Rated, is pretty random. The UK board is much fairer and accurate.

I expect Dredd to have a similar 'feel' and tone to stuff like 28 Days Later mixed with District 9. If that's a high rating, so be it. If it's lower, that's fine too. As long as it's good.

CYCLOPZ

Fuzzed

Quote from: Anderson's Shame on 03 February, 2012, 03:03:24 PM
Quote from: Fuzzed on 03 February, 2012, 02:13:04 PM
I don't want gore.

:lol:   

....Sorry, Point taken though.

Laugh it up, fuzzball.

No, seriously though, I couldn't care less whether I see blood and guts splatter on the screen. 'Gore' is not the same as 'violent' and film-makers can scare and sicken you with the brutality of it all, without gore, and still be realistic.

That said, if Dredd is gory, I'll still be happy.

Basically, I have no point except yay Dredd.

Danbo

I want Dredd snapping limbs and bouncing perps heads off walls with his brutal hand to hand scrapping skills and not just endless shooting.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

James

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 03 February, 2012, 04:52:31 PM
I want Dredd snapping limbs and bouncing perps heads off walls with his brutal hand to hand scrapping skills and not just endless shooting.

Kinda like the martial art style Batman uses in the newer films; designed to take the enemy out quickly and effectively, with little risk of them getting back up to give him any more shit. That combined with a bit of Dredd over the top brutality would be great, thanks.

Danbo

With a side order of batton clubbing
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

vzzbux

The difference with Dredd to Batman is that he doesn't care if lethal force is used.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Goaty

Quote from: vzzbux on 03 February, 2012, 09:30:25 PM
The difference with Dredd to Batman is that he doesn't care if lethal force is used.

Too right, even he killed an offender for theft the TV set!

Gonk

Just trying to think of the goriest Dredd story... and I think it may be the Otto Sump Ugly Clinic story. In that a gangster gets cut to ribbons in a hospital by a damaged RoboSurgeon, blood and guts flying all over the place.
coming at a cinema near you soon

Beaky Smoochies

The gory violence in Dredd isn't the problem, more than likely, it's the reaction the MPAA will have to it that's causing the DNA guys anxiety, solution is submit the maximum-blood-n'-guts version to them, if they threaten to slap it with an NC-17, give 'em the version with the reshot scenes, meanwhile the rest of us can enjoy the uncut version of Dredd with a nice '18' rating and the Yanks (and Canucks, sorry Canada :D) can enjoy it later on the unrated DVD/Bluray... there, problem solved, thank you DNA Films you're welcome, that'll be £200 please (or ten boxes of Carlsberg)...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

NSFTM

There is no evidence to.suggest anyone has an issue with the violence in the unfinished unseen unreleased movie
It Could Be That The Sole Purpose Of Your Life Is To Serve As A Warning To Others

Bat King

Apart from jittery folk on Forums...

It'll be interesting how things get the longer no official preview or trailer...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

dracula1

The PR on this so far has been poor.  The Empire stuff was more like it but its timing had me puzzled. As already stated the longer it is left with no official endorsed trailer and images released the more this movie will be unoffically promoted by negative rumour and conjecture. An official DREDD movie web site would do alot to quell this keeping everybody happy  till the big stuff is released nearer September.

Bat King

This is of course being discussed today at SFX Weekend - Twitter Droid keeping us up to date!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

radiator

Unfortunately I believe that the Empire feature was scheduled when DREDD was still due for a Q1 2012 release, so the timing is bad now that it's been postponed til September, meaning it'll be well over a year between the cover feature and the film being released - fine for a mega budget blockbuster, but not for a lower profile movie like DREDD.