Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Goaty

Stan

I hadn't even noticed the second eagle before but it is blatantly obvious in the glowy red ight pic. Strange.

Beaky Smoochies

OH BABY!!!  Ahem, sorry about that, just logged on and saw these awesome new pics (late to the party as usual), if anyone has anything negative to say (Scott?) then speak now or forever hold your peace, 'cause any doubts about this movie should be well and truly dispelled, they look fantastic (is it me or does Anderson look so vulnerable, you just wanna give 'er a hug, sorry but true :-[), and I agree with dracula1, I too was watching the awesome Escape from New York on ITV4, and Dredd really does have that kind of vibe to it- a very good thing, in my book!

I wonder if the pics were released to counter some of the negative tittle-tattle on some forums (no names of course ;)), if they did, I think they just righted the good ship Dredd in fine fashion, the first trailer may not be released yet, but these will do fine, kudos DNA Films, and kudos Michaelvk (the props look great), those pics will do just nicely for now...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Waltev

I like the new images a lot. Anderson's (Thirlby's) shooting stance looks a bit off to me, though... I've never seen anyone fire a weapon with their back and legs that straight and legs / feet so level.

Well, promo shots (:)) I guess.

Danbo

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 06 February, 2012, 08:28:19 PM
Like the new images. Nice, gory head shot which is what we want. The slight bubblehead I can live with.

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 06 February, 2012, 08:19:42 PM
What is the significance of the indented recess moulding on the left gauntlet? It ain't on the right gauntlet:

My first thought were that they are magnets for fixing ammo mags too when hes in a rush,under fire etc

Just a guess?
No idea. Can't figure it out either.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: Waltev on 07 February, 2012, 05:52:25 AM
I like the new images a lot. Anderson's (Thirlby's) shooting stance looks a bit off to me, though... I've never seen anyone fire a weapon with their back and legs that straight and legs / feet so level.

[spoiler]Hmm... could it be that she isn't shooting?[/spoiler]

Gonk

Looks like she's firing.
coming at a cinema near you soon

dracula1

Quote from: Waltev on 07 February, 2012, 05:52:25 AM

She's new at dispensing justice and doing it with vunerbility ::)

Dash Decent

If she was shooting downward (towards the perp), wouldn't the stuff spraying out the back of his head be spraying more downwards rather than upwards?  It could be she's got the gun trained on him and someone else shoots him.  Or it could just be the timing of the photo, or something completely unnoticeable in the split second it appears on screen.

Quote from: vzzbux on 06 February, 2012, 08:26:48 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 06 February, 2012, 05:12:03 PM
Mind you, one thing they've happily kept from the comics: female judges tend to lose their hats a lot!

That's Helmets not hats. Come on get with the programme.

C'mon, how many female Judges have you seen with hats?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 07 February, 2012, 11:01:23 AM
If she was shooting downward (towards the perp), wouldn't the stuff spraying out the back of his head be spraying more downwards rather than upwards?  It could be she's got the gun trained on him and someone else shoots him.  Or it could just be the timing of the photo, or something completely unnoticeable in the split second it appears on screen.

Quote from: vzzbux on 06 February, 2012, 08:26:48 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 06 February, 2012, 05:12:03 PM
Mind you, one thing they've happily kept from the comics: female judges tend to lose their hats a lot!

That's Helmets not hats. Come on get with the programme.

C'mon, how many female Judges have you seen with hats? Q.E.D.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

I swear that 'Modify' button disappeared and turned into 'Quote' in the micro second it took to click on it.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Goaty

Spaceghost

Tremendous new pictures. Looks fantastic. Dredd looks well good offing the scum with his Lawgiver!

I still think the helmet looks fine. Bigger than we're used to but still fine.

Roll on September!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 07 February, 2012, 04:26:04 AMis it me or does Anderson look so vulnerable, you just wanna give 'er a hug
Judge assault—ten years, creep!