Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR. ELIMINATOR

[spoiler]just one day[/spoiler]

chuffsteruk

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

I expect this has been said before but i cant be a$$ed trawling through multiple pages. What are the ages of Anderson and Dredd in this movie ?
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Beaky Smoochies

IIRC, the ages aren't mentioned in the (leaked) script draft you can read online, Kowalsky dude, but Anderson is a young rookie, so probably around the same ages the characters' actors are; Karl Urban- 38, Olivia Thirlby- 24...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Beaky Smoochies

... sorry, correction; Karl Urban- 39, Olivia Thirlby- 25, never was good at mathmatics ::)...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Dreddzilla

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 08 February, 2012, 01:52:57 AM
I expect this has been said before but i cant be a$$ed trawling through multiple pages. What are the ages of Anderson and Dredd in this movie ?

I'm assuming Anderson is 20, if you accept that she's a rookie -enrolled at the age of 5- who's gone through 15 years at the academy.

TordelBack

JOE SOAP

If she's old enough to be a Judge in leather.

TordelBack

Full eagle means fully legal?

Gonk

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 07 February, 2012, 11:13:12 PM
Just a query....would Dredd's stubble be the result of being stuck fighting perps in the block for several days?
Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 07 February, 2012, 11:21:54 PM
[spoiler]just one day[/spoiler]
Quote from: chuffsteruk on 07 February, 2012, 11:42:21 PM
Ah...

I'm glad this film is shot in just 3D and not also in Smell-o-vision.

Seriously though, you can't expect Dredd not to get some blood spattered on his uniform during a typical day in Mega City One.
coming at a cinema near you soon

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

NSFTM

It Could Be That The Sole Purpose Of Your Life Is To Serve As A Warning To Others

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.