Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreacherCain

If spoilers are to be discussed please let me know so I can leave this thread and never return  :D

bigjobs67

Can't wait to see that bad boy 'Law Master' rippin up the 'Rockcrete' as Dredd floors it down the 'Skedway'. :P
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

JOE SOAP

Ok but just don't spoil anymore spoilered quotes.

Gonk

Quote from: radiator on 11 February, 2012, 04:01:49 PM
There's a scene early in the leaked script that I interpreted as a direct homage to the first Robocop movie - [spoiler]Dredd shoots through an innocent bystander in order to kill a perp who is escaping into a crowd, then dispassionately informs the terrified victim that he aimed so as to miss any of their vital organs and an ambulance is on it's way.[/spoiler]

Great stuff! That's just the sort of OTT, tongue placed firmly in cheek, Dredd/Mega City One we all know and love. It seems the film is staying close to the spirit of the comic.
coming at a cinema near you soon

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 February, 2012, 06:20:01 PM
Ok but just don't spoil anymore spoilered quotes.

Thank you  :)

radiator

QuoteThat's just the sort of OTT, tongue placed firmly in cheek, Dredd/Mega City One we all know and love. It seems the film is staying close to the spirit of the comic.

Hard to say. From what I've seen/heard, it looks like the humour will be blacker and less whimsical than the comics - more Verhoeven than Wagner. There definitely is humour in the script, despite what many people say - but it's very dry and perhaps doesn't read that funny on the page - there's one or two scenes that should get a big laugh in the cinema provided they're handled well. I should stress again that I've only read the first 12 or so pages of the script so I'm speculating.

Dredd's dialogue - what I read of it - is spot on Wagner though; gruff, terse, cynical - note perfect. He sure as shit ain't gonna be getting all teared up in the locker room about his poor old bro - "I judged him"....

bigjobs67

'Baby Dredd'. Lol. Diane Lane looks good in Lycra though. Word! lol.
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Goaty

Quote from: bigjobs67 on 11 February, 2012, 07:31:39 PM
'Baby Dredd'. Lol. Diane Lane looks good in Lycra though. Word! lol.

What? You posts so strange messages today?

Goaty

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Goaty

That does looks like FX effect test work?

IAMTHESYSTEM

Yeah I think it must be the compositor showing his work. You can see a  whitish line and some lights of a far off building pop up behind the store on the pictures right.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Zarjazzer

Quote from: Goaty on 11 February, 2012, 07:54:17 PM

That does looks like FX effect test work?

Cheers Goaty.  I can't tell if any of these Judges actually are Dredd.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

radiator

Knowing how Lionsgate operate, I'd say someone is going to be in some serious shit over this.