Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonk

I wonder how the film begins? Is there going to be a narrative voice at the start, like in the Stallone version, outlining Dredd's world? Or are the viewers left to infer this through the dialogue of the characters? I wonder if any futuristic slang or jargon is used?
coming at a cinema near you soon

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

I was musing over the Dialogue and pondering if there would be subtitles for the acronyms and megacity speak.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

radiator

No Mega-speak, but lots of f-bombs if the leaked script is anything to go by.

Gonk

Sounds like Black Hawk Down meets Judge Dredd.

Goaty

Someone (not that ScoJo) post this very good point in Empire Forum;

I really like the idea of using old vans and retrofitted stuff in this MC1. Like everything from the old world has just been salvaged and cannibalised. Not like the frikking spaceships and flying bikes from the Stallone film.

Danbo

I look at it as being set 50 years in the future after a nuclear war that set  whats left of humanity back 50 years if ya catch my drift.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 12 February, 2012, 06:53:00 PM
I look at it as being set 50 years in the future after a nuclear war that set  whats left of humanity back 50 years if ya catch my drift.

Must admit I hadn't thought of that DanboJohnJ.

The more people discuss this the more appropriate the contemporary DREDD future looks. It's starting to make a lot more sense to me now.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

darnmarr

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 February, 2012, 03:47:04 PM
Quote from: darnmarr on 12 February, 2012, 03:38:16 PM
As the shot came from an FX showreel, I think it's likely that what were seeing is the finished product.

No, not really. It's a showreel of one compositor's work and that's all that can be shown. Not the finished image. Other work can be done to it before it reaches us.

Apologies, Joe - you're quite right about that, calling it 'the finished product' was the wrong way to put it.  I just meant that the contentious points (crappy van & composite skyline ) would be unlikely to differ much in the ultimate cut.

bigjobs67

It's clearly set in the mid to late 80's. And all the better for it too. :lol:
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

Darren Stephens

Quote from: bigjobs67 on 12 February, 2012, 07:20:19 PM
So that's why the helmets are so big? To cover the judges mullets?  :lol:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: bigjobs67 on 12 February, 2012, 07:20:19 PM

Yeah seems like they took one look at that budget and said fukkit.

Goaty

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 12 February, 2012, 04:04:26 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 February, 2012, 03:55:02 PM
This has been an apparent feature since the get-go.

Erm No it hasnt.When the other vehicles were critisised on here there were innumerable posts citing that they may just be background vehicles,

You didn't hear that from me and suppositions from this forum shouldn't be taken as official anyway. I think it was pretty apparent early on that this wasn't going to be comic Dredd.

Gonk

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 12 February, 2012, 07:02:08 PM
Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 12 February, 2012, 06:53:00 PM

Must admit I hadn't thought of that DanboJohnJ.

The more people discuss this the more appropriate the contemporary DREDD future looks. It's starting to make a lot more sense to me now.

And me, the more I think about it the more I'm getting to like the sound of it.