Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Stan on 12 February, 2012, 04:35:33 PM
Even though I'm still holding out for something more sci-fi (robots/aliens/spaceships etc)

I think you'd best jettison those ideas as soon as you can. They ain't comin'.

Stan

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 February, 2012, 09:29:30 PM
Even though I'm still holding out for something more sci-fi (robots/aliens/spaceships etc)

That sounds like a bet!

JOE SOAP

The script is online.

A.Cow

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 12 February, 2012, 01:10:45 PM
TBH the IMAX screen at Manchesters filmworks didn't seem any larger than the digi screen when I watched Batman and Watchmen

Unfortunately, the IMAX brand became useful enough that they started licensing smaller screens.

True IMAX is the size of a house and tends to make you go "woah!"

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMAX, section "IMAX Digital Theatre System and Screen Size Controversy".

Michaelvk

Now, I'm gonna say this as a movie watcher as opposed to a movie maker.. Everything I've seen so far sets stuff up for expansion on the universe in a sequel, depending on how well this one does. It's been done before. Star Wars started out on a few key interior sets, then expanded out into multiple worlds, sets and characters, and that worked.

While I'm also a little skeptical about a few choices made in vehicles, I'm quite sure that in the grand scheme of things it'll all be blended in. It's hard to not focus on a single element if that's all you're seeing. Imagine only seeing Cindy Crawford's mole, and never seeing the bigger picture. Who'd want to climb on top of that? Nobody.. Step back a little, see the bigger picture within its context and you'll have to be beaten off with a crowbar..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

chuffsteruk

Quote from: Michaelvk on 12 February, 2012, 10:25:41 PM
Now, I'm gonna say this as a movie watcher as opposed to a movie maker.. Everything I've seen so far sets stuff up for expansion on the universe in a sequel, depending on how well this one does. It's been done before. Star Wars started out on a few key interior sets, then expanded out into multiple worlds, sets and characters, and that worked.

While I'm also a little skeptical about a few choices made in vehicles, I'm quite sure that in the grand scheme of things it'll all be blended in. It's hard to not focus on a single element if that's all you're seeing. Imagine only seeing Cindy Crawford's mole, and never seeing the bigger picture. Who'd want to climb on top of that? Nobody.. Step back a little, see the bigger picture within its context and you'll have to be beaten off with a crowbar..

Indeed.

Maybe we will witness what will be the transition between old New York and the new Mega City?

JOE SOAP

Exactly Mick, I prefer Dredd the fighting underdog than Dredd the pompous dandy.

Gonk

Quote from: Stan on 12 February, 2012, 09:37:11 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 February, 2012, 09:29:30 PM

That sounds like a bet!

What about heatseeking and ricochet bullets? Maybe a jet pack or two? :D
coming at a cinema near you soon

jock

Quote from: Steve Green on 12 February, 2012, 12:14:46 PM
Quote from: chuffsteruk on 12 February, 2012, 12:11:21 PM
Regarding the 20th century van in the chase clip-perhaps it's a stand in van,pre-fx,much like the motorcycles in this behind the scenes clip from Terminator Salvation`?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjrbYD32toM

No.

Yes

James

JOE SOAP

jock

Beeks

"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Stan

Quote from: Michaelvk on 12 February, 2012, 10:25:41 PM

I was about to say, I was speaking in terms of the franchise. Assuming it becomes one. I understand the first film sets the rules but the plot they've gone with should give them greater leeway when it comes to introducing other ideas seemingly out of the blue.

Quote from: Goaty on 12 February, 2012, 09:22:07 PM
Quote from: judge macbrayne on 12 February, 2012, 09:07:22 PM
http://www.facebook.com/

What?

It's a new-fangling social networking site the kids seem to love.

Bat King

Cheers for chipping in Jock!

So leaked images (that I didn't like seeing but I'm letting it go...) aren't even the finished ones.  Cos Jock said 'Yes'.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex