Main Menu

The Trailer Thread

Started by radiator, 16 November, 2011, 02:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Here's few I found while watching that new ID trailer.....

Shot almost entirely first person

Hardcore Henry

Reminds me of my old Werewolf character. A Russian with shock of platinum /silver hair & the guy runs on a battery that needs recharging or he'll die. Where have I seen that before. Wasn't there a Jason Statham film with him running around with a battery operated heart.

Another story from that guy who wrote the story about the confectionary factory.

BFG

Which kind of reminds me of Shrek, Beowulf & Jack the Giant -Killer (The remake!) combined. Although, as I said else where, I'm starting to despise the absolute dependence on digital wizardry.   

Swiss-Army-Man

Now I might prefer flatulent. female stiff (That's still in good condition...May be some girl from some well known Chat room...) to D.Radcliff as my sole companion while stranded on a island. That's the type of guy I am......besides, since I saw him in Aquis.... wasn't impressed. Yet, as far a movie is concerned he's more welcome on this big screen.  I'm looking really forward to this one along with Hardcore Henry.

The Do-Over

With David Spade as Ukko & Adam Sandler as Slaine.

A Monster Calls

It does bare a passing resemblance to Stephen King's - The Talisman as both stories involve a boy l who has a mother suffering from terminal cancer & then there is monster. In the The Talisman there were all sorts of monsters & demons & then there is a Werewolf that befriended the boy. Yet...that's where similarities end! 

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Are they really talking about the type of person we were discussing on banned thread from this forum....I didn't know this is derivative of the Harry Potter series and it was just few moments ago, that I realised I have this book....

Which I brought along with the rules for Quidditch and another related tome on everything supernatural from that series. Even though, never bothered to read the actual series of books myself. (like my father who did...) I didn't & still don't have my own children to get interested to those books/films & thought it was a cheap cash in on the interest currently been poured into the film adaption of the Lord of the Rings trilogy a the same time. Yeah, I thought it stunk that J.K. Rowling got recent book series (Still in the process of being written...) noticed & liked enough to be movie made that quickly. Whilst poor old J.R.R. Tolkien had already passed on and it might have been few decades or two (At a rough guess...) before those ten long years passed by & now we have both of those trilogies. Which in my personal opinion. I was more schooled towards enjoying it's fruition than Harry Potter. This to my very mild surprise got darker with nearly every film towards the end of the series. Which also in my personal opinion paled in significance to Lord of the Rings & it's big screen realisation & few other successful movies of the same ilk. 

Yet, I'm very biased towards the latter there. Miss Rowlings work wasn't bad either. It was just a difficult time because I wasn't younger enough to be sucked in completely & Lord of the Rings was being made as well. Bad timing, but she has a significant rack on her at least.

This new film appears to be set in the 40's. Looks very slick...kind of like that latest installment of the Assassin Creed game. Give or take a century or two, that one is set in London & this one appears to be set in New York. Not sure how else it ties in, but there is mention of a wizard headmaster from the original series. It seems more Muggle related & did I mention that it just looks better than it's predecessors. Despite the now standard over use of the very best of special effects. Not sure if I won't wait until it's brought to cable when I do.

Last one is not a film, but still worth mentioning....

Maybe next time with that last one....having numerous difficulties with internet right now and have restart the machine....

GordonR

QuoteYet, I'm very biased towards the latter there. Miss Rowlings work wasn't bad either. It was just a difficult time because I wasn't younger enough to be sucked in completely & Lord of the Rings was being made as well. Bad timing, but she has a significant rack on her at least.

sigh...

Judge Olde

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Judge Olde on 14 May, 2016, 09:14:32 AM
Harry Potter thread?  :o

There was a related trailer ...you know!

ThryllSeekyr

Here's that trailer I promised......

Wizards of Aus

Spikes

Totally missed this until now, but looks interesting - Passengers

Goaty

Should be ideal film screening for all work Xmas parties

The Belko Experiment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jP2Ow2CX6OQ

dweezil2

Quote from: Spikes on 03 December, 2016, 01:04:00 PM
Totally missed this until now, but looks interesting - Passengers

Looks like a dull mash-up of Gravity and Sunshine to me, with an insipid romantic subplot, but time will tell, I guess!  :-\
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

JOE SOAP

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 03 December, 2016, 11:16:14 PM

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Not going to lie, this looks absolutely delightful. Just the right levels of 'More of the same' and plenty of fresh stuff on top, and once again Groot, Rocket and Drax steal the show. :lol:

dweezil2

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 03 December, 2016, 11:16:14 PM

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

I'm getting pretty bored of the Marvel movies, particularly after Doctor Strange: Curse Of The Dull And Underdeveloped Villain, but this looks like a lot of fun.

Nice The Sweet tune in the trailer too!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

JOE SOAP

Theblazeuk

Belko Experiment looks good!

Colin YNWA

Wow that looks GREAT. That bit in the cave is so Aliens - kinda excited by this!