Main Menu

2000 AD cover for Free Comic Book Day 2012 revealed!

Started by Molch-R, 09 December, 2011, 04:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

It was only quite recently that I discovered I have a local comic book store—Dark Star Comics, in Farnborough. No idea if they're doing FCBD though (they're not listed on the site), but if they respond in the positive on Facebook, I'll pop along this year.

SKD

I asked in FP yesterday about getting the Free Comic Book Day 2000AD. I was told that all the free comics were bagged and it was pot luck as to what you got, they could not put by specific issues. Oh well, there's no way I can justify a forty mile round trip to (in all probability) not get a free 2000AD.

Stew.:(

COMMANDO FORCES

They don't turn up at the store bagged, very strange :|

O Lucky Stevie!

They are also the only FCBD books of the larger UK format too so they'll be easy to pick anyway.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

COMMANDO FORCES

You should see the ones that are for Mouse Guard! It is beautiful and it's only a bloody hardback  :o I'm sure certain people will be after those little buggers!

SKD

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 04 May, 2012, 08:02:26 AM
They don't turn up at the store bagged, very strange :|

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. The staff had bagged them and would be handing them out to the clientel. I'm guessing it will be one per customer as they enter the shop. Maybe this is to stop the 'unscrupulous' from cherry picking the titles they feel will fetch the most money on ebay? As we know, it's not always fans like us that that try to get these freebies. To some it's just a way to make a quick profit. I'd put money on the Mouse Guard hardback being sold online before the end of the day.

Stew. (the cynic)   

Emperor

There is information about ordering the FCBD 2000AD issue (and any others that take your fancy) starting here:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,35937.msg671582.html#msg671582
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emperor

Will the FCBD prog eventually be available digitally? Especially useful for those who missed out in the US because of the truck crash.

comiXology have 6 of this years FCBD offerings:
www.comixology.com/Free-Comic-Book-Day-2012/featured/8288

Dark Horse have Buffy/Guild and Star Wars/Serenity available for free:
www.crunchyroll.com/anime-press-release/2012/05/07-1/dark-horse-free-comic-book-day-comics-available-for-download

So it is doable.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Alien Goodness

I do hope the FCDP will become available digitally. I went to three local comic shops and wasn't able to get hold of the 2000AD one :-(
Plus I prefer to hold my comics digitally

Link Prime

Quote from: Emperor on 07 May, 2012, 09:49:37 PM
Will the FCBD prog eventually be available digitally? Especially useful for those who missed out in the US because of the truck crash.

comiXology have 6 of this years FCBD offerings:
www.comixology.com/Free-Comic-Book-Day-2012/featured/8288

Dark Horse have Buffy/Guild and Star Wars/Serenity available for free:
www.crunchyroll.com/anime-press-release/2012/05/07-1/dark-horse-free-comic-book-day-comics-available-for-download

I was just gonna ask that question, have shopped around various (legal) digital sites, but so far bupkiss.
This would have been an ideal beachhead for 2000AD to get some exposure with Comixology. A missed opportunity methinks.

So it is doable.

Emperor

Indeed, there is a bit more of a summary here:

www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/08/finding-gossamyr/