Main Menu

DROKK

Started by Misanthrope, 26 January, 2012, 04:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

Flash Gordon was as camp as Baden Powell holding a jamboree on a Sunday.

That said... it knew it was, it meant to be, it did it right.  Classic film from day 1.

Dredd, wouldn't be so good done camp... Yes dredd 'can' be a comedy, a musical, a poem, a romance, a drama, etc on page in 2000AD.  Where people can read Dredd in different styles but still 'get it'.

Music for Dredd (film or otherwise) needs to be edgy but timeless.

That said, as an artistic journey, why not use Mega City One as your muse? Might not be for me, but not everything is meant to be.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

JOE SOAP

Quote from: wonkychop on 27 January, 2012, 08:54:46 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 January, 2012, 09:59:00 PM
It camp
Quote from: wonkychop on 26 January, 2012, 09:50:50 PM
Like Queen doing the soundtrack to Flash Gordon, camp rubbish.

Cos like, the Flash Gordon film wasn't camp.

Come of it! :lol:

That was the joke.

Spikes

Quote from: wonkychop on 26 January, 2012, 09:50:50 PMCheap and nasty. Like Queen doing the soundtrack to Flash Gordon, camp rubbish.

Tut.

Gonk

Well if you like that sort of thing :D I was trying to imply that the Heavy Metal genre as a whole was camp. There is only so much I can take of long haired blokes thrusting their genitals at other long haired blokes in an audience before I think, camp trash. Robert Plant is a prime example of this sort of campness. How it ever got to be associated with being macho I do not know. Bands like that deserved to be laughed at. :lol:
coming at a cinema near you soon

Spikes

Quote from: wonkychop on 27 January, 2012, 12:03:47 PM
Well if you like that sort of thing :D I was trying to imply that the Heavy Metal genre as a whole was camp.

Well, i agree on that bit, never been a fan of Metal/Rock myself, but always thought Queen's soundtrack fitted the film perfectly. Flash Gordon is camp and silly fun, but played quite straight, and who would have been better than Queen, in combining as they did, equal measures of both theatrical and serious musicianship throughout their career, to provide the songs?
Apologies for the tut, btw - tutting is a bit rude, but it just sorta popped out when i read that post,  ;)

Misanthrope

Quote from: wonkychop on 27 January, 2012, 12:03:47 PM
Well if you like that sort of thing :D I was trying to imply that the Heavy Metal genre as a whole was camp. There is only so much I can take of long haired blokes thrusting their genitals at other long haired blokes in an audience before I think, camp trash. Robert Plant is a prime example of this sort of campness. How it ever got to be associated with being macho I do not know. Bands like that deserved to be laughed at. :lol:

It was always seen as macho for the sheer number of female fans that throw themselves at the band members.

Robert Plant may seem camp to some, but I bet he has had more female action than most of us will see in several lifetimes.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

James Stacey

Queen are heavy metal now ? odd.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: wonkychop on 27 January, 2012, 12:03:47 PMWell if you like that sort of thing  I was trying to imply that the Heavy Metal genre as a whole was camp...

How it ever got to be associated with being macho I do not know.

Because young blokes tended to look like that in the 70's anyway. It is a rather simplistic generalisation of metal bands though that's a bit dated.

M.I.K.

Wonkychop obviously prefers his men to be as manly as possible.

Toni Scandella

Quote from: Misanthrope on 27 January, 2012, 02:13:51 PM

It was always seen as macho for the sheer number of female fans that throw themselves at the band members.

Oh, like Soft Cell you mean :) 

Misanthrope

QuoteOh, like Soft Cell you mean :)

But the lead singer of Soft Cell would have thrown them back. :lol:

Gonk

It's not that chaps ( :-*) I just prefer musicians who can remain calm and dignified at all times.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: James Stacey on 27 January, 2012, 02:24:00 PM

I was thinking the same thing!

Misanthrope

Quote from: wonkychop on 27 January, 2012, 06:11:25 PM
It's not that chaps ( :-*) I just prefer musicians who can remain calm and dignified at all times.

I prefer musicians that make good music. What they look like, and how they act on stage, has no bearing on the music as long as it is played well.

Gonk

Quote from: James Stacey on 27 January, 2012, 02:24:00 PM

Not really. Freddie Mercury wore black leather and studs and drove around on a Harley in one of his vids. To me , that's an image I associate with the HM genre. Also The Darkness sound just like Queen, The Darkness call themselve HM , ergo Queen = HM.