Main Menu

MEG 320 - AVIEW TO A KILL!

Started by Buttonman, 28 January, 2012, 12:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Not got past the contents and Dreddlines (Bah!) but an excellent read in prospect - features on Manga in Japan will apeel to sum and a nice looking Mick Austin interrogation.

Best part was getting namechecked on the cover! Of course it may be another Buttonman or a tribute to a long forgotten strip but I'm having it! Many thanks to Jon Davis-Hunt and for anyone else who had a hand, or alien claw, in facilitating this. The last 27 years have been worthwhile!

I, Cosh

A weak Meg again this month with Strange & Darke the only thing I actively enjoyed. On the bright side, no sign of Watson or Proudfoot on the letters page. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come in the 2012.
We never really die.

Dandontdare

I saw Rich & Izzy and Mr Worley namechecked on the cover, didn't spot you Buttonman. I'll take another look later with me good specs on.

Got my Meg but not my prog today. Grrr. Only had a glance - article on manga and American Reaper. grrrrrrreat.  ::)  I want my Dant, Absalom & Day of Chaos!

Buttonman

Quote from: The Cosh on 28 January, 2012, 02:07:09 PM
no sign of Watson or Proudfoot on the letters page. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come in the 2012.

Screw you and the horse you rode in on. Oh what's that? Ahead of me once again! I can take the brickbats but what about poor ault Tom? Abuse like that could finish him off!

'BUTTONMAN' is on the rider's left as a decal on the red bike, black text above the white 'N' and to the north east of the green 'KF' label - it's really obvious!

Richmond Clements

Boot knife on the inside of this left boot..? That's a bit awkward..!

Proper Dave

Just to point out that the jokes I really, really liked in my stuff were cut in the editing stage. Stay tuned for when I finally get around to updating my site, when you can precisely why they were.
Take care. Have fun. Bring your own banjo.
http://www.pseudopod.empty-spaces.net

The Enigmatic Dr X

I have two years worth of megs unread. I started but the run of one off meaningless Dredds during Origins, along with the strips (Tempest, Tank Girl) put me off.

Does it get better?
Lock up your spoons!

Roger Godpleton

Very rarely, a few times in a lifetime, you open a Megazine and when you close it again nothing can ever be the same. Walls have been pulled down, barriers broken, a dimension of feeling, of existence itself, has opened in you that was not there before. American Reaper is a strip of this magnitude. American Reaper may be the most gifted reaper I've ever met; gifted not just because of his imagination, his energy, his originality, but because he has access to the unutterable, because he can look inside a person and discover the unique essence of her humanity. To look at American Reaper is to have yourself taken apart, undone, touched at the place of your own essence; it is to be turned back, as if after a long absence, into a human being
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Proper Dave

I'm only saying this cos I happen to be on. But, yes. Yes, it gets better.

Just be prepared to inculcate a state of mind where if you see the words American Reaper, or twelve pages that look like an old photo-story from Jacky lit by fluorescents, can blank over it and pretend the horror never happened, then things will be good.
Take care. Have fun. Bring your own banjo.
http://www.pseudopod.empty-spaces.net

Proudhuff

Great cover, lucky auld Buttman getting a namecheck, there's that artwork's sale confirmed!

Dredd; fine story and artwork, liked Dredd time travel quip, and the badge stuff.

Grim Reaper: lalalalalalalalalala, I'm not looking

Armitage: great over all feel but surely this is the Judge Nimrod(?) thing with added alien tech guns?

texty stuff interesting, and worth a read

Dreddlines great to see some newbies, and that Groggy chap having a moan too.

Once Lilly, Insurrection or anything replaces the Jackie Reaper thing all shall be well 

DDT did a job on me

vzzbux

With [spoiler]the uniforms being slightly different wouldn't Younger Dredd have picked up on it and arrested Older Dredd as a JIMP[/spoiler]? Perhaps Dredd isn't as observant as we are led to believe.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Trout

Like so many time travel stories, it did have holes in. But you just have to go with it, I reckon.

It was a great story, and made me want to seek out the original and compare them.

- Trout

strontium71

Great Dredd but it just bugged me slightly that younger Dredd didn't twig older Dredd's chin and voice. He is supposed to have a unique gravelly voice and a chin like rockcrete isn't he?
...because I hate you.

Trout

Quote from: strontium71 on 30 January, 2012, 09:04:11 PM
Great Dredd but it just bugged me slightly that younger Dredd didn't twig older Dredd's chin and voice. He is supposed to have a unique gravelly voice and a chin like rockcrete isn't he?

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave moments ago.

Cactus

Maybe his bionic eyes were playing up that night.
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!