Main Menu

MEG 320 - AVIEW TO A KILL!

Started by Buttonman, 28 January, 2012, 12:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Colin MacNeil on 31 January, 2012, 06:59:26 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 31 January, 2012, 12:33:20 PM
More to the point, How did Strange and Darke land that enormous chopper right outside the Pub and the Ladylady didn't hear it?

Who says flying hooferdoofers make a noise when landing? It is sci-fi after all. ;)

Crickey, check the page with the flight from London to Wales and he's right.... no sound effects!!
DDT did a job on me

Martin Howe

Blimey, so Dredd's [spoiler]property of MC1[/spoiler] and not even [spoiler]a citizen?[/spoiler] Major revelation there :o
Not that Dredd himself would lose any sleep over it, but even for MC1 that's extreme!

Can you imagine what'd happen to respect for the badge if it became public knowledge?

Dredd to creep: You're under arrest, perp!
Creep: Oh yeah? [spoiler]At least I'm a citizen![/spoiler]

(Of course Dredd would then sentence the creep to loss of citizenship, but that's beside the point)
In space, no-one can hear you KILL an ALIEN
Facebook Flickr Twitter

Hoagy

I'm sure Dave Stone is hanging around because he's ever so proud of this Armitage. And so he should be and colour this fan lauding. It's the best Armpitage I've read. Yes- very helped by Patrick Goddard's smooth, blackly comic inks. Steel has never looked so good. I'll admit to having to reread the the first two instalment over a few times, but this month's episode slid everything into place nice and carefully for my fat head. It's a great story.

I may come across as someone complaining there is a lot of needless rehashing of an old begotten tale for the Dredd story but it's not that at all. After all, it let me into an old script that was forgotten or never read by Casa Rothwell.

But I still have this question for Mr Carroll if it's not too rude. I don't think it is because the thought occurred while reading it.

Out of many Dredd villains to choose from; why Sherman?

And to set it apart from a PJ number, there is the obvious fact that in the long run it's Dredd's mistake coming back to thwart him. As Sherman's gone through the Academy. Sparking off the great line " Academy? I wrote the book!" {/paraphrasebot]  So, was this why? And it does leave the prominent message that most villains never change and always be wary of bad seeds, for they'll blossom to bad apples no matter what "chances" they get. I guess child criminal mastermind' s come good working for the the Judge is a bit too fantasy for a by the book, gritty and realistic story like Dredd then?
And there were other things not quite right on the old Dredd for the not-quite-Sherlock-Dredd to ignore, such as the shoulder armour and the different shaped visor and the obvious Hellman's on the breakfast bar of the kitchen in the Pat Wagon duplicity. So, I'll agree with The Trout on this one and consider it a moot point on any time-shift anomalies occurring to young two feet in Dredd.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

staticgirl

Just nipping in to say that panel of the dino-townsfolk about to be obliterated by the K/T event mades oi larf.

Hawkmumbler

Will the Meg be doing this with Dredd all year?
Doing a sort of 35 years on story line?

Hawkmumbler

Just read the Strontium Dogs floppy.
Who's was the Albino SD in the second story?

DrJomster

Actually that first "hidden with spoilers" point by Martin IS quite interesting. Is that new (in spoilers please for continuity) or have I just not cottoned on to it before!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Proper Dave

The (spoiler) is something I've always assumed Dredd to be, and in the actual script I qualified it a bit more for the sake of covering my continuity-bases. Since that was edited down to say it flat-out, I can only assume that it's canon.

Insert smiley.
Take care. Have fun. Bring your own banjo.
http://www.pseudopod.empty-spaces.net

Dandontdare

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 10 February, 2012, 09:52:41 PM

That's Feral - Simon Harrison's portrayal wasn't to everyone's taste, but I liked it. Wagner & Ezquerra brought him back as an overweight backstabbing loser - safe to say he wasn't their favourite character!

staticgirl

Simon Harrison's take on Strontium Dogs brought in a lot of goth to read 2000AD. One of my friends still uses his version of Feral as her icon on a variety of sites. She even had hair like his for a while.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dandontdare on 13 February, 2012, 09:48:13 PM

That's Feral - Simon Harrison's portrayal wasn't to everyone's taste, but I liked it. Wagner & Ezquerra brought him back as an overweight backstabbing loser - safe to say he wasn't their favourite character!
I see! I would never have guessed it was Feral! XD

I, Cosh

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 14 February, 2012, 04:31:54 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 13 February, 2012, 09:48:13 PM
I see! I would never have guessed it was Feral! XD
I'm confused. Didn't Simon Harrison create Feral in the first place?

<Insert your own reminder of how much I loved Simon Harrison's art>
We never really die.

Steve Green

What's confusing?

Simon Harrison first drew Feral, after Carlos said he didn't want to kill of Johnny Alpha.

After the Final Solution there were a few more Feral stories drawn by various artists.

When Johnny was brought back by John Wagner and Carlos 20 years later, he decided to make Feral an unreliable witness so he could clear the decks of the post-Final Solution stories...

Alien Goodness

Didn't enjoy this Meg as much. The written articles were more interesting than some of the strips! I particularly enjoyed the interview with Mick Austin. It seemed very timely as there was a recent thread on here where we were discussing this particular art droid.