Main Menu

The "Nikolai dante should have a prog to itself" thread

Started by The Monarch, 03 March, 2012, 01:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

What It said on the tin.

To celebrate the fact it lasted ten glorious years. I believe Dantes last ever episode should be prog length. If it is going to end spectacularly I cannot think of any other way it could.

radiator

It's fifteen years.

I agree though - hope they have something special planned for the finale...

All-Dante prog with two variant covers - one by Fraser, one by Burns?

Well, I can dream...

Tombo

Gets my vote.  It's been ages since a single title has had a Prog to itself and I can't for the life of me think of a better candidate than the Russian Rogue himself.

The two cover option is also appealing

Professor Bear

Not a Dante fan anymore so I'd probably just not get that prog, but I wouldn't be missing anything else so I don't really have any objections to this.  It'd be a nice send-off for the character his fans would likely appreciate.

Colin YNWA

Defo be up for that. I can't think of a thrill that would deserve it more. Radiator's idea of the two covers is a great one too. Another way for Tharg to get me to get two covers.

strontium71

...because I hate you.

vzzbux

Keep the Anithology. Although Dante has picked up in the last couple of years a full prog of just Dante is a little too much for me. Perhaps drop the 'What if's' for a week and give him a double slot.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

mygrimmbrother

Quote from: radiator on 03 March, 2012, 01:44:46 PM
It's fifteen years.

I agree though - hope they have something special planned for the finale...

All-Dante prog with two variant covers - one by Fraser, one by Burns?

Well, I can dream...

Seriously Tharg & co - this needs to happen.

SmallBlueThing

Should be a 48 page special, with dante taking up half of that. But the whole prog- hmm, im unconvinced.

Or- publish the final trade collection BEFORE the last three or four episodes have run, so artificially boosting the book's sales, then run them in the prog either over three or four weeks, or in one special. Two covers, one by fraser and one by burns.

SBT

Link Prime

I'd be all for a double or triple length Dante finale, but reckon it might be a bit overkill devoting an entire Prog to the story.
That 'all Slaine' Prog years ago wasn't great, was it? I prefer the anthology format, and for my 2 cents 2000AD should always have 3 strips at a minimum (including JD of course...)

vzzbux

Even the Dredd/Friday crossover was a bit much to cover the full prog.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Colin YNWA

Arh but remember the end to 'Eurocrash' that filled a prog wonderfully and also allowed the episode to breathe in a way a double parter just wouldn't. Dante defo deserves that kinda finale.

I, Cosh

On the one hand, I love Dante so I'd be perfectly happy with this. On the other hand, if it was a thrill like Flesh which I don't enjoy I'd be hopping mad. It's been done three times before and only the Eurocrash one was worth the effort.

So, I'm going to say no. Variant covers, duvet covers and Dante branded condoms I'm all for.
We never really die.

Mudcrab

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Cthulouis

I'm going to stick up for the Slaine prog and say, yes, it was great. Got 13-year-old-me hooked on the character. The SinDex one was great too.

As for Dante, will they not already have this all planned out? I would have thought this conversation was a little too late, no matter which way the coin falls.