Main Menu

2000AD games?

Started by U.S.S.R, 10 May, 2012, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

U.S.S.R

Anyone think there will ever be a Judge Dredd game, or any 2000AD related game for that matter, on one of the 'major' consoles? Or are there and I being a fool and there already are?  I can understand the difficulties with the size of the Meg, vastness of characters etc. but always thought how cool a Dredd gta-style game would be. Thoughts? :)
Gays into the Fist of Dredd!

Goaty

Er... yes.

Judge Dredd Vs Death (check Steam)

Judge Dredd Vs Zombies (iPhone, Android)

Rogue Troopers (PC or Wii)

Dandontdare

not to mention the awesome Judge Dredd and Rogue Trooper boardgames (am I showing my age here?)

Satanist

You know what, I would LOVE a new 2000ad board game.

LOVE!!!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Emp

Quote from: Dandontdare on 10 May, 2012, 09:43:19 AM
not to mention the awesome Judge Dredd and Rogue Trooper boardgames (am I showing my age here?)

...and don't forget Block & Mega Mania...

U.S.S.R

Ha never knew there were board games that's cool. I really meant like Xbox 360/playstation 3 but cool to know there are games out there

James Stacey

Rebellion _must_ have a game in development to tie in with the film... surely ?

Molch-R

Mudcrab

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

brendan1

Quote from: U.S.S.R on 10 May, 2012, 09:15:22 AM
Anyone think there will ever be a Judge Dredd game, or any 2000AD related game for that matter, on one of the 'major' consoles? Or are there and I being a fool and there already are?  I can understand the difficulties with the size of the Meg, vastness of characters etc. but always thought how cool a Dredd gta-style game would be. Thoughts? :)

I think the last two (Rogue Trooper and Dredd vs Death) were on the last generation xBOX AND ps2.

Think that's about it. Both were OK, I think. Although I only had the Dredd FPS. I liked it more than I would have because it was Dredd - compared to the likes of Halo, Half-Life 2, Black etc, it wasn't a very good FPS really.

Noisybast

What's the situation rights-wise, Molch-R? Could Rebellion *potentially* make a game based on the film in the event of the film doing well, or is it a legal minefield?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Mr.Fastrope

Im still playing Dredd vs Death sometimes. Okay, all story based with violence but i love it :)

Mr.Fastrope

Quote from: James Stacey on 10 May, 2012, 11:15:50 AM
Rebellion _must_ have a game in development to tie in with the film... surely ?

Definitely, like Captain America or Green Lantern.

U.S.S.R

Cool thanks for all your input, I think there is a lot of potential for more games 2000AD based though

Molch-R

Quote from: Noisybast on 10 May, 2012, 01:47:26 PM
What's the situation rights-wise, Molch-R? Could Rebellion *potentially* make a game based on the film in the event of the film doing well, or is it a legal minefield?

It'd be nowt to do with legal stuff - we own the rights to Dredd property. It comes down to whether we can find a publisher. And you'd be looking at a good two years minimum to develop it, so for the foreseeable future it's not looking likely.