Main Menu

An amusing comparison

Started by Mario Di Giacomo, 09 June, 2012, 12:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario Di Giacomo

Mario Di Giacomo

Alski

"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

JOE SOAP

[spoiler]SCOJO[/spoiler] by proxy is still [spoiler]SCOJO[/spoiler].

Mario Di Giacomo

Is it?  My apologies, then.  I didn't recognize his particular madness in the pic. 
Mario Di Giacomo

shaolin_monkey

Well, I really like that pic!  It's an excellent juxtaposition, and really shows off the new outfit.  I guess unhinged Dredd fans do occasionally have their uses... 

Bat King

What does it matter the source? Comparing the movie uniforms is perfectly acceptable.  New one wins hands down. Though Judge Minty, and obviously our friends over at Planet Replicas, remains the closest ever real life clothing to the comic.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

JOE SOAP

Unfortunately it's not to scale. Urban is 6' 1" Stallone is 5' 8".

Bat King

Not sure a scale comparison matters much.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 09 June, 2012, 02:31:57 PM

From Which Lie Did I Tell?  by William Gibson:

"Most movie stars are short. I'm six-one, and the only major stars I've met who are taller than me are Eastwood and Connery. Stars' stumpiness is my obsession. But when you throw action stars into the mix, guys who slay legions, well, it's just too good to resist.

I am at the Hotel du Cap with friends during a recent Cannes festival. And one of the friends, who knows my fetish, out of the blue says to me: "I guess we know where you're going, Bill". I didn't understand, glanced around, and lo, my prayers were answered- Sylvester Stallone had entered the swimming pool.

Panting like a schoolgirl, I left my friends, wandered casually to the pool, went in, stood maybe six feet away from Stallone-never once looked at him, understand. That would be insufferable and rude. I knew where I was and I also knew this: we were leaving together.

If he stayed an hour? Not a problem. Two? Tricky for me- this was late morning and we had a late lunch reservation at the great hotel restaurant, the Eden Roc. But I was determined to get the truth.

I had a hot lead that Stallone was sixty-seven inches ... [n]ow I would at last know. You see, stars have lifts in their boots- why else, pray tell, do you think they wear them all the time? They have lifts in their shoes, their loafers, their slippers. I know one who has lifts in his socks. But no-one has figured out how to put lifts in bare feet (yet).

After maybe ten minutes Stallone got out, grabbed a towel. I got out, grabbed a towel. He stood. I stood. Sixty-seven inches, dripping wet.

Stars are not what you think. They are not remotely what the world believes them to be, either. Most of them are smaller than you think, and all of them are more frightened than you think- and don't ever forget that if you are lucky enough to work with them."

Mike Carroll

You mean, William Goldman... It's a great book, right up there with everything else he's written, fiction or otherwise!

- Mike

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 09 June, 2012, 04:50:18 PM

You mean, William Goldman... It's a great book, right up there with everything else he's written, fiction or otherwise!

Mike, you've shown that bikini kill is mentally shorter than you.

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 09 June, 2012, 05:02:14 PM
Quote from: Mike Carroll on 09 June, 2012, 04:50:18 PM

Mike, you've shown that bikini kill is mentally shorter than you.

Gieza fuckin' brek! I typed a' that shit oot masel'.

Beaky Smoochies

Despite coming from The Unmentionable One - he's at it again over at the ECBT 2000A.D. blog - it's an undeniably interesting comparison, but Joe is right about the scale, thus rendering the picture pretty much redundant, besides, Stallone's armour (gold attachments, spandex, chest bar, no elbow pads, and tiny knee pads notwithstanding) looks only good at night and in low-light scenes, in day time it just looks plastic and unrealistic.  Karl Urban looks the business both in day and night scenes because his Judge body armor actually looks authentic, and that's ultimately the difference...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

The Adventurer

Someone should slap a comic Dredd image on the end just to complete the set for comparison.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

SmallBlueThing

Has anyone done a proper comparison of judge boots though? Stallone's new rock-stylee things came with a whacking great sole. And as anyone who has worn new rocks for any length of time will tell you, they're not really meant for running about in and snappy movements. You can just about dance in them, and stand around looking fucking sexier than any twat in trainers, and that's it.

I miss my new rocks.

Have we seen urban's feet? We've seen a running pic, which suggests a more practical sole. So maybe the three inches in height is swallowed by the boots.

SBT