Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Do you ever see, or even talk for any period of time, and swear blind they're someone you know?

It's just I served a gent at the cafe today I could have sworn was our Batking but didn't think to ask.  :lol:

Smith

Proudhuff

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 18 March, 2017, 10:52:49 AM
Do you ever see, or even talk for any period of time, and swear blind they're someone you know?

It's just I served a gent at the cafe today I could have sworn was our Batking but didn't think to ask.  :lol:

PM him!
DDT did a job on me

Goaty

Anyone know a scene when monster or creature attack from the sea? or slow rise from sea from top view. Need a quick clip for it.

M.I.K.

I know a bloke* called Godzilla who might be able to help.

*Gender may fluctuate.

JOE SOAP

Trout

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 18 March, 2017, 11:55:05 PM
The Johnny Vegas Adaptation Of Halo Jones That The BBC Turned Down

If only the person who wrote that article had thought to end it:

Where did she go? Out.

What did she do? Nowt.

The Legendary Shark

Where did she go? Out.
What did she do? Nowt.
Who said she did? Trout.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Spikes

I now own a pair of reading glasses.

....now I can read the 'damage report' again.

TordelBack

I saw a bunch of famous gaming You-Tubers (of the 7 or 8 digit subscriber variety) do Q&As at a con this weekend. It was pretty fascinating, seeing as I'd only ever heard of two of them and had watched neither.

Some of them were astonishingly charismatic in person, and guilelessly charming. Others were preening fools or dullards out of their depth (destined for high office, no doubt), and one particularly odious racing-game gang had - genuinely - modelled themselves on the Top Gear knobs, complete with individuals affecting the bumbling May hairdo, sneering Clarkson contempt etc. Shudder.

But the ones who were good, wow they were good. I suppose I was mainly intrigued to see that online game commentary has definitely grown into a real medium, with all the virtuosos, dickheads and corporate shits of a real medium.

I, Cosh

Last year one of the cinemas in town had live screening of some big gaming finals. Can't remember which game, or figure out why people wouldn't just watch it online, but that made me stop and think about the medium in a similar fashion.
We never really die.

Link Prime

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 March, 2017, 10:29:40 PM
I saw a bunch of famous gaming You-Tubers (of the 7 or 8 digit subscriber variety) do Q&As at a con this weekend.

Glad you made it into the con, by all accounts it was organized chaos.

I was tempted to go myself, but the price and content put me off a bit.

TordelBack

Quote from: Link Prime on 20 March, 2017, 10:21:19 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 19 March, 2017, 10:29:40 PM
I saw a bunch of famous gaming You-Tubers (of the 7 or 8 digit subscriber variety) do Q&As at a con this weekend.

Glad you made it into the con, by all accounts it was organized chaos.

Oh Gamercon was a complete disaster, but I expected nothing less when they were boasting 12,000 attendees a day (most of them pre-teens) in a venue that can feel badly crowded with 8,000. Apparently we were all only supposed to stay for 2 hours and not the whole day, so it was basically OUR fault.

I was accompanying TordelBoy rather than going for myself, and as an eternal pessimist we came prepared with raingear, fully charged DSs, sambos and flask of coffee and managed to have a great time. When folk were queuing for over an hour for nachos, having waited 2-3 hours in the rain to get in, and ALL of the 100s of consoles had to download 15gig  updates at the same time while sharing wifi with 10,000 attendees, you  know someone has screwed the metaphorical pooch.

However, there was lots of cool stuff going on, only issue we had  was the queues for the VR stuff: I calculated 90 minutes waiting per 3 minute go for even the simplest rig, so we went and played some Counterstrike instead.

Spotted a Judge McKnight in movie regalia but I was stranded by broken escalator at the time and didn't get a chance to say hi, anyone here?

Theblazeuk

If anyone is in London and wants a go on VR on a Tuesday afternoon, PM me and I'll see what I can do. Big British Castle has a special room of such scrying devices and I can bring guests.

(Just spent a week showcasing the tech to people and I think we should get people excited about stuff like the Vive, which is a million miles better than even the PSVR).

sheridan

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 20 March, 2017, 12:12:27 PM
If anyone is in London and wants a go on VR on a Tuesday afternoon, PM me and I'll see what I can do. Big British Castle has a special room of such scrying devices and I can bring guests.

What/where is Big British Castle?  T'internet suggests it's something to do with Adam and/or Joe...