Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 20 March, 2017, 10:43:19 AM
Oh Gamercon was a complete disaster, but I expected nothing less when they were boasting 12,000 attendees a day (most of them pre-teens) in a venue that can feel badly crowded with 8,000. Apparently we were all only supposed to stay for 2 hours and not the whole day, so it was basically OUR fault.

As a matter of interest, how much were they charging?  Tried to look at the website but it only has the potential refund message under tickets.

Theblazeuk

Quote from: sheridan on 20 March, 2017, 12:49:07 PM
Quote from: Theblazeuk on 20 March, 2017, 12:12:27 PM
If anyone is in London and wants a go on VR on a Tuesday afternoon, PM me and I'll see what I can do. Big British Castle has a special room of such scrying devices and I can bring guests.

What/where is Big British Castle?  T'internet suggests it's something to do with Adam and/or Joe...

B_____ B_____ C :)

TordelBack

Quote from: sheridan on 20 March, 2017, 12:50:10 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 20 March, 2017, 10:43:19 AM
Oh Gamercon was a complete disaster, but I expected nothing less when they were boasting 12,000 attendees a day (most of them pre-teens) in a venue that can feel badly crowded with 8,000. Apparently we were all only supposed to stay for 2 hours and not the whole day, so it was basically OUR fault.

As a matter of interest, how much were they charging?  Tried to look at the website but it only has the potential refund message under tickets.

Depended when you booked - I think non-VIP tickets were initially €15 last year, rising to €25 the month before.

Was talking to a mate today whose son waited 3 hours outside to get in... That's some nonsense.

Satanist

I work for an American firm and just had active shooter training which was hilarious and frightening in equal measure. Hilarious due to the fact the film was like a mini episode of 24 and terrifying that in the U.S. this is the equivalent of a fire drill.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Goaty

Quote from: Satanist on 22 March, 2017, 10:47:59 AM
I work for an American firm and just had active shooter training which was hilarious and frightening in equal measure. Hilarious due to the fact the film was like a mini episode of 24 and terrifying that in the U.S. this is the equivalent of a fire drill.

Hope it not like the upcoming film; The Belko Experiment

The Legendary Shark

Don't forget to be afraid. If you're not afraid, you're hard to rule and if you're hard to rule the 1% are out on their ears - and that would never do... :D

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

New reading glasses and now I can read what you lot are on about! :)

Smith

You might end up regreting that investment. :p

Spikes

Any news on the 2000ad FCBD signing for 2017?

It's been about 6, or 7 weeks since the 40th bash, and I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms...

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Smith on 23 March, 2017, 10:45:31 AM
You might end up regreting that investment. :p

Read everything else before you read the political thread.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ
link=topic=36237.msg950816#msg950816
date=1490309647

Read everything else before you read the
political thread.

Yes - preferably the entire rest of the internet...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 23 March, 2017, 11:01:24 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ
link=topic=36237.msg950816#msg950816
date=1490309647

Read everything else before you read the
political thread.

Yes - preferably the entire rest of the internet...

The discussions in that thread can get rather... spirited.

Smith

Not quite the word I would use,but lets say spirited.  :|

Link Prime

For the more sapient members of the forum it goes a little something like this;

- Randomly open 'The Political Thread'.
- Shake head.
- Chuckle.
- Close 'The Political Thread'.
- Continue to never post in 'The Political Thread'.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Satanist on 22 March, 2017, 10:47:59 AM

Had something similar  which reminded me of 'Duck and Cover', oh and get on your silenced mobile while your hiding.
Couldn't help thinking ' Glasgow Airport Staff haven't seen this have they?'
DDT did a job on me