Main Menu

Hang on to your dissapointment it's The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen pics!

Started by seeneester, 02 January, 2003, 05:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seeneester

Here's a nice little link which as far as I know was discovered by the all seeing Watcher.

Link: http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/369/369644p1.html" target="_blank">My God! They finally did it!

seeneester

Here's another from him, freshly plucked from the chatroom.

Link: http://superherohype.com/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=LXG/Movie_Stills" target="_blank">My God! They finally did it again!

Queen Firey-Bou

nope thats definately not a 14th C italian poet.

whos the white shirt goatie acktor ?

and  er could i actually ask just what the hell LoEG is/ was gonna be ...a film obviously , i stupidly assumed yous were on about the league of gentlemen -sicko humor guys..

sorry for being a crap comic buff there, but i have led a sheltered existence in celt-opia.

Mangamax

That Nemo is yet another case of what looks good on page doesn't look too good when made flesh. Shame really as they seem to have copied O'Neills design exactly.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

pauljholden

oohh.. they look a bit pants, but to be fair, they might do some serious colour tweaking in post production which'll give it that extra pizaz.

Adrian Bamforth

Just what I was thinking, these aren't even shots of the film, just polaroids of the set and people in costume. Most adventure movies have all kinds of atmospheric colour filters and stuff put on. Even bad adventure movies will tend to look good (sometimes too slick) if they're big enough to have a big star aboard.

ADE

Devons Daddy

the fact sean connery is on board speaks highly of the project,
who wrote the screen play?
in fairness. in recent years comic book movies have stuck to the facts. X men. spiderman. road to peraditoin. etc.
this is basically because when they changed things in other comic book movies.the movie failed. so we may be in a for a real treat.
lets keep our fingers crossed.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

DavidXBrunt

David S. Goyer, wasn't it? He of the Blade screen-plays and one third of the writers of the marvelous J.S.A.

GordonR

>David S. Goyer, wasn't it?

No, James Robinson - who used to write comics, Starman amongst others - and Alex Ayres.

As for the person who said that the fact that Connery's aboard speaks highly of its quality potential...  Well, I like Sean Connery as much as the next person, but do you have any idea just how many terrible movies he's been in over his career?  

(Not as many as his pal Michael Cain, I grant you, but still...)

Anyway, I'm sticking my neck out early and venturing that the LoEG movie looks like a dog.

DavidXBrunt

Ah yes. James Robinson. Another third of the writers of the marvelous J.S.A.

Slippery PD

Well Ill just say that Caine has a fantastic quote about the Cr@p films he was in...
"there are films YOU WANT to do, there are films you dont mind doing and then there are those that pay the rent!!"

Most actors, will do anything to get the money....  Its the years spent dossing around "looking for jobs!!"

Yer Slippo

damnandblast

"Well Ill just say that Caine has a fantastic quote about the Cr@p films he was in..."

He also said "a high standard of living sometimes requires a low standard of acting."

Which was nice.

Nigel

GordonR

>>"there are films YOU WANT to do, there are films you dont mind doing and then there are those that pay the rent!!"

Things like this do make for good enough quotes, but they aren't half a load of old bollocks.

If Michael Caine never made another movie again, I doubt he'd have any problems paying the rent.  His restaurant chain alone is probably enough to keep him in the style he's accustomed to.

Anyway, let's have a straw poll: what's the worst film Michael Caine's ever made?  I nominate Bullseye.  Michael Caine AND Roger Moore together at last, AND it's directed by Michael Winner.

Incidentally, spare a thought for David Bishop, everyone.  He's writing a book about the films of Michael Caine, and is currenly having to watch 'em all.  Remember, for every Get Carter, The Italian Job or The Ipcress File in there, there's half a dozen Bullseyes or Blame It On Rios...

Devons Daddy

the hand,
he was a comic book artist and had his right hand chopped off in a freak accident.

sadly for us this has never happened to certain artists who shall remain nameless. who have some how manged to blackmail tharg in the past.
fetish and that chin anyone?
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

GordonR

>>the hand

Directed by Oliver Stone.  True.