Main Menu

Silent Hill 2: Revelation. Includes spoilers for first film.

Started by Mardroid, 29 July, 2012, 12:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

I'm probably late, but I came across this today. It comes out in October apparently.

http://youtu.be/o3OlBgpFRb0

I remember a Silent Hill film sequel being mentioned ages ago, but I didn't realise it was coming out this October.

Anyway, I rather enjoyed the first film. I think they could have done a lot more with the story, made it scarier even, but it wasn't bad and it captured the imagery and tone of the games (okay, I've only played the first two) imagery and music well. And I though the ending interesting and thought provoking.

Don't highlight if you haven't seen the first film:
[spoiler]I am curious that the girl in this appears to be the young girl from the previous film all grown up though, considering how the other film ended.

Okay I guess that ending could be interpreted in different ways, i.e. she might not have actually died, but she and her mother seemed to have been separated from her father, like on another level of existence, and here is Sean Bean acting with her in this.  I wonder if that will ever be explained or just retconned out.[/spoiler]

Anyway, it's interesting to see a certain fellow with an odd shaped head... (Brrrrr.)

Edit- Sorry, maybe I should have put this in the trailer thread. I thought it might be nice to open this up to a discussion of the films as well as the trailer though.

mygrimmbrother

I loved the first one, genuinely did. I know it got a lukewarm reception in most corners, but it often goes on as a background dvd when I'm working and I bloody love it. Best videogame adaptation ever IMO. Hope this is as good.

SmallBlueThing

Yeah, me too. Ive only seen it the once, and can remember precious little about it, other than i found it honestly frightening, pleasingly baffling and i liked it very much indeed. News of a sequel pleases me and i may even finally get around to buying and rewatching the first one.

SBT

TordelBack

Mmmm.  Never played the game(s?), but I was pretty impressed by the film - disturbing, oppressive stuff.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 July, 2012, 01:07:15 AM
Mmmm.  Never played the game(s?), but I was pretty impressed by the film - disturbing, oppressive stuff.

I like the games a lot, but I haven't beat a single one of them without a guide. I was heavy into the first two Resident Evil games when the first Silent Hill came out - and it hooked me straight away, even if it could be frustrating. Very disturbing, oppressive stuff indeed.

I thought the movie was okay.