Main Menu

New Readers Start Here!

Started by Richmond Clements, 20 September, 2012, 10:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

v216eto

Hi

I hope this is the right place to start. I've jsut signed up. I'm mainly interested in original art right now. I've bought a few nice pages over the years and stayed interested though I've been reading fewer and fewer comics as time has gone by. I still re-read all my old progs regularly, though, and pick up the odd collection from time to time.

I re-read all of Zenith recently and was surprised again at how great it was. I'm going back through the original Rogue Trooper next!

Matthew

Greg M.

Quote from: v216eto on 19 December, 2013, 03:39:08 PM
I'm mainly interested in original art right now. I've bought a few nice pages over the years and stayed interested though I've been reading fewer and fewer comics as time has gone by.

Hi there and welcome. Us obsessive types who spend silly money on pieces of paper have quite a thread for you to peruse, though I expect you've already had a look:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,28546.0/

If you've got a CAF site or scans of your original art, feel free to stick 'em up, as the locals like nothing better than leering over / coveting / appreciating other people's collections. (Delete as appropriate.)

Link Prime

Quote from: Greg M. on 19 December, 2013, 03:54:59 PM

leering over / coveting / appreciating other people's collections.

Haven't bought a Paul Marshall page in a while...

v216eto

Thanks - I will contribute to the original art thread. I have had a look - there are some pretty amazing collections out there!

Thanks,
Matthew

ZenArcade

Very new on site, well here goes:
Strontium Dog (esp the Simon Harrison art work from late 80's);
Shakara;
Dredd: Day of Chaos.... jeez;
Firekind;
Ulysses Sweet: side splittingly funny;
Halo Jones.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Link Prime

Quote from: ZenArcade on 22 January, 2014, 11:06:22 PM
Very new on site, well here goes:
Strontium Dog (esp the Simon Harrison art work from late 80's);
Shakara;
Dredd: Day of Chaos.... jeez;
Firekind;
Ulysses Sweet: side splittingly funny;
Halo Jones.

Welcome aboard ZenArcade.
An eclectic, but approved, selection of favorite Thrills!

Ciaran

HI being Dredd readers I am wondering does anyone know how to value some Ron Smith art I am trying to sell? I have three vintage pages from 1978, one with a certificate and a Steve Sampson Judge Anderson, with a certificate. I really need to raise some money so any reasonable offers would be welcome.

Dominic O'Rourke

Just realised I've posted for the first time since 2001.
I'm the tenth longest poster on the boards, with the least to say.
See you in 2030.
Member No. 10

Colin YNWA

Quote from: smell on 24 February, 2014, 08:24:28 AM
Just realised I've posted for the first time since 2001.
I'm the tenth longest poster on the boards, with the least to say.
See you in 2030.

Given your username surely 'I'm the tenth most lingering poster on the boards' would be more appropriate?

Dominic O'Rourke

At times I regret the username - but I've chosen worse on other forums!
Member No. 10

ZenArcade

Yep smell, I hear what you say: next time use a bit of taste in your choice of name. Anyhow keep in touch; let's not lose sight of you for another 13 years. Z ;)

TordelBack

Quote from: ZenArcade on 15 March, 2014, 04:07:37 PM
Yep smell, I hear what you say: next time use a bit of taste in your choice of name. Anyhow keep in touch; let's not lose sight of you for another 13 years. Z ;)

Talk sense!

ZenArcade

Frank

Zenith 666

Hi 

Just joined.been meaning to for years.ive been reading 2000ad since 89 and I absolutely love it.anyone know we're burdis lives I want everything in his cellar.