Main Menu

The DREDD Timeline

Started by Beeks, 27 September, 2012, 08:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beeks

I noticed that Ma-Ma's DOB is 2075 when they bring up her details on the computer

That makes the Dredd film set in around 2100?

I'm crap with dates..where does that tie in with the comic? Or doesn't it?
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

blackmocco

I think it's best to not try tie it in with the comic anymore than one would tie Spider-Man or Dark Knight with the comics. Good catch on the date though. Didn't notice that. I would assume Ma-Ma's in her forties (in the leaked script she's in her sixties) so maybe 2115...? 2120?
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

CraveNoir

Ma-Ma's computer details state her first recorded offense is in 2076, aged 16, putting her date of birth around 2060.

Mudcrab

Dredd started (in Prog 2) in 2099, it's currently 2134, being 35 years on. Not that the movie's supposed to tie in but that would put it around the same time.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Robert Frazer

Dredd's introductory monologue mentions that Mega-City One is "800 million citizens living in the ruins of the old world" - so we can surmise that the setting is pre-Apocalypse.

I don't see any reason why we can't slot the story into Dredd's comic-book timeline - he was already a twenty-year man when the comic first started, and of course he doesn't only fight crime on Wednesdays. He has a lot of "unseen adventures", and the movie can be one of them.
Latest Video - The ESSENTIAL Judge Dredd

The Sherman Kid

Did you notice Ma-Ma was arrested by Judge Koburn  :) Its only visible for a second.