Main Menu

Wot I Ate On My Holidays

Started by Buttonman, 03 October, 2012, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: The Cosh on 11 October, 2012, 08:09:02 PM
If you think that's a rich head of hair you must be Duncan Goodhew.

And if you think you got all the grey then you are blind!
Lock up your spoons!

Buttonman

I like me. My wife likes me. <sob>.

Yeah -back to breakfast. Our hotel had a man who did bespoke omlettes - look at this happy chap with his chorizo and cheese number. The cheese could have been sharper but overall it was quite nice.

Dandontdare

chorizo and cheese?

no, there's no excuse for that combo.
no

just ..... no

Proudhuff

I'm impressed by the decent sized mug and OJ glass, hotels normally give you Munkin sized ones  in an attempt to dehydrate you
DDT did a job on me

Frank

A plain grey crewneck T? This leisure wear showcase and discussion thread has lost its way.

Proudhuff

Quote from: sauchie on 13 October, 2012, 11:23:34 AM

A plain grey crewneck T? This leisure wear showcase and discussion thread has lost its way.

Its the S***k stains on it that worry me
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 October, 2012, 10:50:12 AM
I'm impressed by the decent sized mug and OJ glass, hotels normally give you Munkin sized ones  in an attempt to dehydrate you

I think that was the water glass but I make up my own rules!

Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 October, 2012, 12:54:37 PM
Its the S***k stains on it that worry me

That's not spunk! Well not mine at any rate. I'm guessing a trick of the light.

We went into this small bar and ordered a nice warm cheese and ham bocadillo and a beer before realising it was actually a bookies with betting terminals and fruit machines all over the shop. Easy mistake to make - there were no old men with dogs spitting and swearing.

Buttonman

The hotel we stayed in San Sebastian suffered from a poorly translated menu with nothing seeming too tempting but after a few days I went for the 'chicken thigh' which was really good. For 14 Euro it was great value. I opened with a lovely potato and chozio stew :

and had the chicken thigh for my main - it turned out to be a great crispy cut with a cracking potato and a tasty mushrioom broth - and I usually hate mushrooms :

Minkyboy

I'm starting to see your 'photo face' expression in my dreams, that is quite a talent you have there!
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Buttonman

Buttonman

Let us move from the warm shores of Spain for an up to the moment update of what I have eaten on my travels.

I have just returned from Brussels having witnessed Scotland being cruelly robbed 2-0. We were hoping for 1-0, but there you go.

My cousin's in-laws are Belgian and they insisted on taking us from cans of Juliper and waffles in the Grand Place to a fancy bistro. The lunch menu was a bargain 22 Euro (!). That buys you a single cheese croquette which was really tasty with a nice sharp runny cheese. The green stuff on the plate was some deep fried parsley - they must have heard that Scottish people were coming :

Followed by an excellent Flemish brown stew - this had a reallly rich wine laced flavour and came with some tasty new potatoes:

Proudhuff

I can see a face in that stew!!
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

I'm no longer sure these photos are entirely candid.  Some look almost... posed.  It's sad when an art movement stagnates.

Zarjazzer

That beer looks rather spiff as does the nom.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Buttonman

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 17 October, 2012, 06:08:48 PM
That beer looks rather spiff as does the nom.

The beers were fantastic - every one came in a fancy glass and were at least 6 and going up to 9.5% ABV. And despite being drunk both nights I never had a hangover - good beer will do that for you.

Don't ask where it comes from though...