Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Angelino

Virtually all the characters have made their debuts in other shows so its not standalone in that respect.

There is also a crossover episode with the other three shows in season 2 of Legends.

Rara Avis

How old is The Flash supposed to be?

[spoiler]I thought Harrison Wells was Zoom?[/spoiler]

I have watched the first season of LoG and I liked it. I'll try catch up when I have time. Anyone watching Supergirl?

Re: Ragnar ..... oh well

Quote from: Tony Angelino on 19 March, 2017, 09:58:22 PM
I think the actor who plays the Flash is too young. I'd rather have had the guy who played Zoom do it. Still looks like the Flash but just appears that bit older. I think it was Zoom anyway as I started to lose track of all the different speedsters. Harrison Wells steals that show though.

Legends of Tomorrow is my favourite of the DC shows. Its very funny at times and it even looks as if they have great fun making it.

Tony Angelino

I don't know how old Flash is supposed to be but the actor just looks too young in my opinion.

Unless I'm getting mixed up Zoom and the Reverse Flash are two different speedsters in the TV show (but were the same character in the comic). Zoom is all in black on TV while Reverse Flash has the familiar yellow and red outfit. I don't think that's a spoiler.

Rara Avis

No you're right, they are two different people on the show.

[spoiler]Zoom is Hunter Zolomon and Reverse Flash is Eobard Thawne who pretended to be Harrison Wells[/spoiler]

I, Cosh

What's the visual equivalent of a page-turner? Watche the first four episodes of The Expanse the other night without pausing for breath. There's not really anything new to it but the mashup of interplanetary political machinations, hardboiled detective pastiche and space adventure all come together to make the whole thing a lot of fun.
We never really die.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: I, Cosh on 23 March, 2017, 10:05:15 AM
What's the visual equivalent of a page-turner? Watche the first four episodes of The Expanse the other night without pausing for breath.

It's very good. We've caught up with Season 2 and now have to wait a rather agonising week between episodes. Gah!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Keef Monkey

Oh boy did I love The Expanse. Still waiting on season 2 to appear on Netflix, wife and I are both absolutely hooked.

CrazyFoxMachine

:D Really glad this is catching on - it's one of my favourite series from recent years and was so (HIPSTERLY) ahead of the curve that the silence that initially seemed to greet it was deafening. Every new episode is a joy - going to try to obtain the Region 1 blu-ray...

Theblazeuk

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 23 March, 2017, 11:25:09 AM
Oh boy did I love The Expanse. Still waiting on season 2 to appear on Netflix, wife and I are both absolutely hooked.

Same. I may have to take matters into my own hands if they don't step up the pace.

The Legendary Shark

The Man in the High Castle. Just started Season Two. I dunno, it's an odd one, this. Some lovely performances and a hauntingly good opening credits sequence but I don't know why I'm sticking with it. Like a lit firework that's just sitting there I don't know whether it's going to erupt or not - it seems to be always on the verge of amazing but never seems to actually do much.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 23 March, 2017, 03:33:13 PM
The Man in the High Castle. Just started Season Two. I dunno, it's an odd one, this. Some lovely performances and a hauntingly good opening credits sequence but I don't know why I'm sticking with it. Like a lit firework that's just sitting there I don't know whether it's going to erupt or not - it seems to be always on the verge of amazing but never seems to actually do much.

I tried to watch the first season last year, but only got a couple of episodes in before giving up. I'd read the book and the series just didn't live up to it I thought.

I've been watching SS-GB which has a similar feel, but works better for me for some reason.

Smith

I started watching The Wonder Years.Its why more mature then I expected.

The Legendary Shark

Maybe I'll give the book a go, VB, as it seems like a jolly good idea.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 23 March, 2017, 03:33:13 PM

Know what you mean - I enjoyed the first season, but never finished the second. I gave up when I realised that I'd skipped 5 episodes ahead (my flatmate was watching too and I'd just clicked "continue watching") and it took me about 20 minutes to notice ("huh? When did Hitler die") it seemd like very little had happeened and I just couldn't be arsed watching those 5 hours to get me back to that point. I intended to watch the finale but my Amazon sub ran out before I got around to it.

Rara Avis

I loved Season 1 of The Man in the High Castle. I will definitely be catching up on this when I have time.
I'll probably have to watch S1 again because I have a terrible memory.

I suppose we've all wonder what would have happened if the Axis had won the war. There's so much back story to be filled in here though which I hope Season 2 will address. How did the Nazi party come to dominant America so completely and so quickly? What's happening in Britain?

Great performance bu Rufus Sewell as well.

Dan - spoilers dude!