Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Knight

MATTOFTHESPURS I loved series 2 of the walking dead. Little house on the prairie meets dawn of the dead vibe to it. Seriously though I'm finding season 7 heavy going so far. Any episode with Negan is rather boring I find.Really hope the next series picks up as I'm actually enjoying Fear the Walking Dead more nowadays.

moly

legion binged watched the first 7 yesterday, what a fantastic series definetly have to pay attention and can be a bit weird but looking forward to the next one

Mardroid

I just started Fear the Walking Dead this very night! (Well technically I started it a couple of years back when they showed the first episode for free.* I enjoyed it, but as the rest of the series required paying, I just saw that one.) I'm four episodes in, now.

So far: Pretty good.

* I think it was just some promotional deal advertising another channel, which youd have to pay for later to see the rest of the series, or maybe it was a freebie on pay for view. I forget.

Jim_Campbell

A couple of episodes off the pace with the fourth and final series of Black Sails, which is rattling along at a fair old clip and building a very definite sense that Things Will Not End Well for most of these characters. The first half of Season One was a real slog, but I'm glad I persevered, because it's been pretty damn good ever since.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Little Witch Academia is the most recent series from Studio Trigger, the comapny formerly known as Gainax and responsible for the majority of Gurren Lagann and Kill La Kill.

LWA is a tonely shift from the raunchy high comedy action sagas of the later two to a charming, slower paced series with often bat shit crazy moments. Visually beautiful and a heck of a lot of fun, mostly episodic too boot, LWA is just a joy from beginning to end.

Highly recommended.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 26 March, 2017, 04:31:18 PM
Little Witch Academia is [...]

Remarkable. It looks like English but I barely understood a single word of that.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

Finished both series of Ash vs. Evil Dead - it's gloriously silly and ludicrously gory with Bruce Campbell reprising his most famous role effortlessly, Lucy Lawless just drifting through the series like a well-run schooner and Lee Majors popping up as Ash's degenerate dad. A thoroughly enjoyable romp all fans of the films should enjoy.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 26 March, 2017, 06:31:25 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 26 March, 2017, 04:31:18 PM
Little Witch Academia is [...]

Remarkable. It looks like English but I barely understood a single word of that.
Anime in a nutshell.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 26 March, 2017, 06:46:53 PM
Finished both series of Ash vs. Evil Dead - it's gloriously silly and ludicrously gory with Bruce Campbell reprising his most famous role effortlessly, Lucy Lawless just drifting through the series like a well-run schooner and Lee Majors popping up as Ash's degenerate dad. A thoroughly enjoyable romp all fans of the films should enjoy.
Need to catch up, I loved Season 1 and freaking adore Evil Dead in all it's iterations.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 26 March, 2017, 06:46:53 PM
A thoroughly enjoyable romp all fans of the films should enjoy.

Yeah totally agree with this both series are a riot. Really gory, really stupid, really fun. GOOD SHIT.

Satanist

Regards Ash vs Evil Dead there's a scene in the second season I have no idea how they got away with. The scene in the morgue, you know the one. I literally had tears of laughter watching that in disbelief.

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Satanist on 27 March, 2017, 10:13:29 AM
Regards Ash vs Evil Dead there's a scene in the second season I have no idea how they got away with. The scene in the morgue, you know the one. I literally had tears of laughter watching that in disbelief.

Yeah, we were falling off the sofa watching that, absolutely howling. Amazing stuff.

CrazyFoxMachine

Yeah that was a level of creative outrageous slapstick gore I haven't felt since watching Braindead years ago - genuinely mindblowing.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Michael Knight on 25 March, 2017, 10:24:55 PM
MATTOFTHESPURS I loved series 2 of the walking dead. Little house on the prairie meets dawn of the dead vibe to it. Seriously though I'm finding season 7 heavy going so far. Any episode with Negan is rather boring I find.Really hope the next series picks up as I'm actually enjoying Fear the Walking Dead more nowadays.

I only watched the first episode of 'Fear The Walking Dead' and I wasn't impressed although I realise the first episode of any series is not an indication of how good or bad it will be.
I've just bought seasons 1 and 2 of FTWD of blu ray and we will watch them after TWD.
Mid way through season 3 of TWD at the moment (2nd go through for me, first for the missus) and we are both enjoying it.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 28 March, 2017, 08:32:44 AM]
I only watched the first episode of 'Fear The Walking Dead' and I wasn't impressed although I realise the first episode of any series is not an indication of how good or bad it will be.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first series of FTWD, but I thought the first episode was one of the single worst things I'd ever seen on a TV screen - dull, uninvolving, really unlikeable/uninteresting characters, just... Ugh. It's amazing how rapidly it improves from there.
@jamesfeistdraws