Main Menu

Lack of love for the bundled "floppies"?

Started by sheldipez, 18 December, 2012, 12:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abelardsnazz

A high five for AG. Franqweitz gets my vote every time.

Link Prime

Giant demonic cyborgs, Shako the polar bear and Michelle Pfeiffer- what more could you want?

Gorgeous artwork (both B&W and painted) by the criminally underrated Simon Jacob too.

James Stacey

Whats not to love about Armoured Gideon ? I'd buy the shit out of a shiny hardback

IndigoPrime

NapalmKev

I'd like to see an Armoured Gideon hardback as well. Get it sorted, Tharg!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

The Monarch

I would do terrible things to get ag in print especially the utterly bonkers one where he teams up with bill savage to fight shako the polar bear

Taryn Tailz

Armoured Gideon certainly seems to be a more popular choice than my Necrophim. :P

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: The monarch on 04 August, 2016, 07:19:57 PM
I would do terrible things to get ag in print especially the utterly bonkers one where he teams up with bill savage to fight shako the polar bear
Man, thats the funniest thing! I've never read said story, but the very idea of it has sparked something in my soul for 5 years, it's like the most obscure of the 2000AD team ups.

The Monarch

Its definatly a weird one had a lot of early 2000ad characters in it if i recall angel and mach 0 played a role in it too and ants lots of ants

NapalmKev

Quote from: Taryn Tailz (formerly Tim) on 04 August, 2016, 09:06:25 PM
Armoured Gideon certainly seems to be a more popular choice than my Necrophim. :P

I returned to the Prog just as the last series of Necrophim was drawing to a close. I thought it quite good (from the small amount I read) and would like to see it collected in some form.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Skullmo

AG for me too - the first story has been reprinted a few times but not the later ones
It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

Quote from: The monarch on 04 August, 2016, 07:19:57 PM

For random 2000AD cameos, it pre-dated Ennis' Helter Skelter by a few years.

Very enjoyable story, and as noted by Skullmo, I don't think it was ever reprinted.

Dodsy

Quote from: Tordelback on 03 August, 2016, 09:38:32 PM
now the very beginnings of the Moses mega-arc in Sinister Dexter has been brilliant.

Have the floppies reprinted this run? I may have to have a look into this....

Quote from: Link Prime on 05 August, 2016, 10:14:21 AM

Very enjoyable story, and as noted by Skullmo, I don't think it was ever reprinted.

Helter Skelter was almost definitely reprinted as a trade. Not sure available it currently is tho.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Link Prime

Quote from: Dodsy on 05 August, 2016, 01:12:23 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 05 August, 2016, 10:14:21 AM

Helter Skelter was almost definitely reprinted as a trade. Not sure available it currently is tho.

Ah yeah, I was just referencing the fact that both Helter Skelter and Armoured Gideon: The Collector both featured random cameos from 2000AD characters not normally associated with either strip.

Colin Zeal

I really enjoyed Necrophim and would like to see it collected. I don't remember it being that popular on here though.