Main Menu

Prog 1816 Body Horror

Started by A.Cow, 19 January, 2013, 11:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taryn Tailz

Looking at this weeks cover has made me think that The Red Seas would have been brilliant if Cling Langley had been the artist for the strip. Oh well...

Top thrill this week is Strontium Dog, which hasn't put a foot wrong since the first chapter of "A life and Death..." in my opinion.

GordyM

The Dredd one-shot was the clear winner for me this week. Nice bit of emotional depth to it and a great sense of forboding in the final panel.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Mabs

Programme 1816

This week's cover by Clint Langley is outstanding! Whats more its a wrap around cover like the last programme. As for the strips themselves, Judge Dredd (Sealed) was a very nice read by Mike Carroll and illustrated by John Burns; his painted style is very impressive to behold. The story is set in the aftermath of DoC (Days of Chaos), and was immensly enjoyable. Next up was Savage (Rise Like Lions Part 5); i said last time it was the weakest story in the prog and there's nothing in this prog to change my mind just yet. However, Patrick Goddard still maintains the high standards of his hugely impressive black and white artwork. The Brit/ Volgan sing-a-long was quite nice though!

Ampney Crucis (The Entropy Tango Part 5) was a thrilling read. After trying to off the alien ambassador, the Joker-esque Babbagist's try to make their getaway but they did not bank on Lord Crucis going all out 'Commando' to bag their psychotic asses! Ian Edginton's writing continues for the next strip also; The Red Seas (Fire Across The Deep Part 5). We see our sea faring pirates taking on Lucifer's horde in a battle of epic proportions, the stand out being the 'Legion' giants made up of hundred's of the 'Evil Dead'! (as depicted on the cover). Many consider the strip to be the weakest, but not me, oh no --- i fucking love it!

And finally, to top off this thrilling prog we get Strontium Dog (Mutant Spring Part 5). This strip is coming along very nicely indeed. Things are getting very heated up right now as war is imminent. About time!

So when all is said and done (or read and done) this programme was a very enjoyable read. Now onto this months Megazine...damn that cover looks hot!

4.5/5
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Zarjazzer

Lovely cover and Dredd top story from the Carroll droid. The singing Volgs were the only surprise in by the numbers Savage, Ampney was top this week with the running over the burning bad-guy scene my favourite by a mile ! :)  Red Seas finally had some action in it but Stront seemed all to familiar, those wicked norms ,eh? :-\
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

jannerboyuk

Really enjoyed this, the one shot dredd was very nice, love John burns. Back in the prog habit now - mmm nice.