Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rately

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 29 December, 2016, 09:16:50 PM
Quote from: Rately on 29 December, 2016, 08:38:05 PM
The collection of the first part of Tom King's Vision series is £2.99 on Comixology.

Heard great things and can't wait to have a read.

Yeah I've heard copious amounts of praise about this, from all sorts of places. I'm going to hold out for a sale that includes the second volume (may be a while as I think its just out) but this is defo on the list.

Oh and that hope of holding out and not buying the Walt Simonson 's Thor run... well that didn't last, yet more for the reading list!

I swear, digital comic addiction will soon have to be treated on the NHS! So many great deals on so many great comics.

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

The Adventurer

Only one volume of the early material (at the highest tier) makes me frown

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hawkmumbler

I do love me some Tank Girl but strangely i'm just not feeling that HB...

Colin YNWA

If you've not read Si Spurrier's excellent 2012 Legion series in X-Men Legacy get yourself over to Comixlogy where its on sale. Go on you deserve it.

CalHab

The first Rogue Trooper collection is on sale for £10:
https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/XB366

IndigoPrime

IDW Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/books/creator-showcase-comics-bundle

Any thoughts? I don't know many of these, bar Locke & Key, which I already own in hardback.

Hawkmumbler

Worth it just for The Maxx. One of the best comics..well, ever! Sam Kieth is a mad genius.

Link Prime

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 02 March, 2017, 11:00:16 AM
Worth it just for The Maxx. One of the best comics..well, ever! Sam Kieth is a mad genius.

Been looking out for The Maxx (Maxximized) so this bundle is a goer for me.

Apart from the wonderful Locke & Key, I'd also personally highly rate Ragnarok, Wraith, Parker and Half Past Danger.

Mardroid

Thanks, Hawkmumbler's recommendation of the Maxx and a read-up of the blurb persuaded me. Just went for the $1 minimum, but that's still quite a bit of material. I've got Locke and Key already. (Likely from previous deals.  :lol: )

Colin YNWA

That IDW Humble Bundle is simply fantastic. Maxx as has been said is astonishing. I'm guessing it won't be to all tastes but if it clicks with you, as it did with me (and Hawkmumbler) you in for a very rare, very rare treat indeed. Not like anything else out there.

Also enjoy Winter World, fun action comics, Little Nemo is a little gem and not surprised to see Link Prime recommend the simply wonderful Ragnarok. I've got Lock and Key and the Parker books (well its the late GREAT Darwyn Cooke so they gonna be good) lined up for reading soon from some deal other.

So yeah I won't be going for this but if you don't have those I've mentioned this is a FANTASTIC deal.

Rately

Love Sam Keith and been meaning to pick up Locke And key for ages. incredible deal, with some incredible books and the late, great, Darwyn Cooke's Parker?!

Thanks, Hawkmumbler.

Dodsy

The new Forbidden Planet megastore in Newcastle has the complete Johnny Nemo hardcover from a while ago for £4.50 if anyone is local and interested
Twitter - @dodsy84

Fungus

So, have gone digital in the last few mins and subscribed to prog & meg.
Daft question: why is the combined subscription WAY more expensive than prog & meg separately? Weird.
Anyway, this week's prog looks lovely on future-paper. No more fiddly comics & bags for me.

Main point: the Maxx vol. 1 & 2, for a digital buck? My long-term goal was to read the early Max.
I foresaw some hardbacks, but this will do. Stunning comics.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Fungus on 04 March, 2017, 02:17:54 AM
Main point: the Maxx vol. 1 & 2, for a digital buck? My long-term goal was to read the early Max.
I foresaw some hardbacks, but this will do. Stunning comics.

No read all The Maxx - its all brilliant.