Main Menu

MEG 334 - This Means War.

Started by vzzbux, 15 March, 2013, 09:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheldipez

Quote from: The Prodigal on 21 March, 2013, 08:37:00 AM
I am in harder economic times these days and don't think I can justify the cover price particularly with American Reaper taking up so much space. I really like the story line but it is a 5 pager innit?

It just me that loves the hell out of American Reaper?!  :-\

Mabs

Quote from: sheldipez on 21 March, 2013, 09:14:48 AM
I am in harder economic times these days and don't think I can justify the cover price particularly with American Reaper taking up so much space. I really like the story line but it is a 5 pager innit?

Don't worry sheldipez, you're not alone. I also love the hell out of American Reaper!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

mygrimmbrother

I never got round to cancelling my Meg sub, and I'm quite glad actually. Very much enjoyed the latest Hondo City Justice outing (especially the artwork), and it's marvellous to have Insurrection back. But Sexy Ostriches can still p*ss off.

stacey

Nah I really like it too, though the art and the storytelling don't always entirely work I love the story, and I like the style.

Montynero

Quote from: vzzbux on 15 March, 2013, 09:36:45 PM
Nice to see this waiting for me this evening.

What a stunning cover by Neil Roberts (From an original cover sketch by Colin MacNeil)

Only Read Insurrection at the moment and what a start. This looks like its going to be a corker.

17 page count for sexy ostriches. and no letters page for buttman.

V

Really lovely painting technique from Neil. Top work!

moly

Stopped reading reaper going to read it all in one go at the end of the current run

Mabs

My word, Insurrection looks soooo stunning. I was just lost for a moment in MacNeil's artwork. Wow. I wish we had a worshipping smiley 'cause i would worship the hell out of Colin MacNeil.

My Twitter @nexuswookie

The Prodigal

The odd thing for me is that I like Reaper-its just so conspicuously strung out.

Unfortunately for me the meg is a luxury buy at the moment. I can't help but compare the prog and meg and prioritise my spending accordingly. I have loved some stuff in the meg but its not consistent enough for me.

sheldipez

Quote from: Mabs on 21 March, 2013, 09:22:01 AM

Don't worry sheldipez, you're not alone. I also love the hell out of American Reaper!

Good stuff!

Quote from: The Prodigal on 22 March, 2013, 07:16:59 AM
The odd thing for me is that I like Reaper-its just so conspicuously strung out.

Unfortunately for me the meg is a luxury buy at the moment. I can't help but compare the prog and meg and prioritise my spending accordingly. I have loved some stuff in the meg but its not consistent enough for me.

With value of the Meg, for me, I can't not compare its value to it's equivelant of 3 x US comics, when compared like that I think the Meg and it's bundled floppy is well worth the money, and that goes for quality too not just the fact I want to keep Rebellion's stuff on shop shelves. But I currently spend a daft amount of money on comics each month so extra fiver is the least of my worries. Just don't tell the wife, those Omnibus TPB that dropped through the post was a fiver! not a twenty! Right?  ;)

Mikey

For this month's Meg, without any disprespect to any of the other creators, I have something quite simple to say that needs to come first:

INSURRECTION III

Utterly delicious, and after the return of Stickleback inna prog I'm seriously happy with the House of Tharg right now. I really, really love Insurrection and this opener was a great nudge off balance and felt like the intake of breath before it all kicks off. Does anyone draw gorillas as well as MacNeil? The answer is no.

Dredd was good, Hondo just never manages to fully engage me, American Reaper is great and I liked the prose yarn so far.

Did I mention Insurrection already? Good.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Zarjazzer

What a cover. Lovely Meg, Dredd was ace, Insurrection a bit of a strange starting point but fine looking as always, Hondo was just fabulous with the art a real plus and a twist at the end,evil sisters ,eh?
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Tjm86

Mabs

Anyone started on their floppy yet? I'm really enjoying this months one (Downlode Tales v.2). Chris Weston and Calum Watt's artwork is so funting good!

My Twitter @nexuswookie

The Monarch

its really good...

not too keen on what they reprinting alongside the last bit of downlode tales next month...the story in question is where i believe the shark jumping began

Richmond Clements

I want to read Insurrection III! Go digital already!