Main Menu

New To 2000AD

Started by Dredd Head, 25 March, 2013, 05:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dredd Head

Hi Everyone,

Just started reading judge dredd case files 01 and really enjoying it, its the first i've read anything from the 2000AD world and really looking to jump right in just looking for suggestions really about where to start. Had a preview of stontium dog and it looks and sounds awesome and i also like the sound of slaine, Any recomendations other than subscribing to 2000AD (which i will be doing next month) are appreciated. Thanks

Frank

Case Files 2 seems the next logical step, neebs - unless you mean something other than Dredd. In which case, the Strontium Dog reprints (the Agency Files) are as good value for money as the Dredd equivalents.

Welcome to the forum, Dredd Head.

Dredd Head

Thanks for the welcome, I'm just over half way into the first case files and was definality going for the 2nd case files. I was tied between strontium dogs and dredd in the shop, went for dredd as i recognized him, Also when would be a good point to jump into the progs?

Frank

The most recent issue on sale (1824) is a jumping-on prog for new readers, handily enough.

Dredd Head

Great thanks do you know anywhere i could pick it up, My lcs doesn't have 2000AD :(

The Adventurer

Yup. this week (1824) is the place to jump on. Or if you want to be really craftly, grab Prog 2013 that came out at the end of December. Its the jumping on Prog for the whole year, and is 100 pages long. The issue that follows that is 1813. So you're not too far out to catch up.

EDIT: Where are you located, US or UK? Do you have an iPad or equivalent eReader?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Frank

Dredd Head

Im located in central scotland

Frank

Dredd Head

Please accept my condolences.

Why? lol

Frank

Quote from: Dredd Head on 25 March, 2013, 06:13:25 PM
Please accept my condolences.

Why? lol

Climate, economic opportunities, the breeding possibilities ... the list goes on.

Dredd Head

Yea the weather is pretty bad, hasn't got above 7 degrees celsius all year and has been snowing for about 2 weeks now, looks like i'll order the prog and get it delivered Thanks for the help, Is Sauchie A place or A name?

Richmond Clements

No snow in Inverness!
You can buy the prog in your local WH Smiths.

Dredd Head

Awesome looks like i can get it from W H Smith thanks, I'm in clackmannanshire it's bad but the snow isn't laying so thier's been no trouble traffic or power wise, Anyone suggest any unmissable 2000AD stories, Just started reading, Allready have dredd case files 1 and day of chaos fourth faction

The Adventurer

Day of Chaos Fourth Faction is a good place to get caught up on current events. Though, if you are so inclinded, go back and get Judge Dredd: Origins, Judge Dredd: Tour of Duty - The Backlash, and Judge Dredd: Tour of Duty - Mega City Justice, and get an even bigger view of current events.

As for 'Unmissable' Dredd... The Cursed Earth/The Day the Law Died (Case Files 2), The Judge Child Quest (Casefiles 4), Blockmania/The Apocalypse War (Case Files 5). Also Judge Dredd: America, but I highly HIGHLY recommend reading it after reading the previously listed material. Its more enjoyable in context with what came before.

I'm also partial to Judge Dredd: Mandroid as being the perfect stand alone Judge Dredd trade. Oh, and Judge Dredd: The Pit, considered by many the first 'modern' Judge Dredd story.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK