Main Menu

Who Is Your Favourite Artist

Started by Dredd Head, 25 March, 2013, 08:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dredd Head

Still kinda new here just trying to get involved a little, Was just wondering who your favourite artists are, Mines are Ian Gibson, Loved the devils island return of whitey. Also love Charlie Adlard from The walking dead 

Beadle68

Hi and welcome, mine are Carlos Ezquerra and Brian Bolland.But all artist capture my eye for one reason or another.Some of this months art competition entries are outstanding but For me the  2 artist above always stood out because of there distinctive styles.

Dredd Head

Thanks good to be here, Now was bolland the artist on day of chaos fourth faction?

Beadle68

Think it was Ben willsher ,Henry Flint, Colin Macneil and someone else i  cant remember.

Dredd Head

Quote from: Beadle68 on 25 March, 2013, 09:11:31 PM
Think it was Ben willsher ,Henry Flint, Colin Macneil and someone else i  cant remember.

Just had a quick look and you were right, i must have seen his name elsewhere

o1s1n

Ah, the impossible question! I'd lose hair trying to figure that out :D

Putting the great classic masters like Ezquerra and Bolland aside, I've always had a soft spot for Johnny Hicklenton, Peter Doherty, Colin MacNeil and Jason Brashill...I started reading the prog around the early-mid 90s so that is the stuff I was exposed to first. (would have come across classic stories in The Best of 2000AD - that's where I first read some of Hickenton's Nemesis. Melted my brain)

Mabs

Quote from: Beadle68 on 25 March, 2013, 09:11:31 PM

Staz Johnson, for 'Hot Night in 95'.

My favourite arrists from the earlier works are Brian Bolland, Carlos Ezquerra, Ron Smith and Mike McMahon.

More recent artists are Colin MacNeil, Henry Flint, Peter Doherty, Steve Yeowell,  Patrick Godard and D'Israeli. Not forgetting David Roach too!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Stu101

I remember being blown away by Simon Bisley in the 90's, then I saw Kev Walkers work on ABC Warriors (wow the colours). Frank Quitely is a technical genius, not sure he did a huge amount of work for 2000ad, may have been more in the Meg.
I think overall though my favourite would be Steve Dillon, or is it Cam Kennedy/Ian Gibson/Colin Macneil....
This really is a tricky open ended forever changing question.  :)

Skullmo

Quote from: Dredd Head on 25 March, 2013, 08:53:06 PM
Thanks good to be here, Now was bolland the artist on day of chaos fourth faction?

I wish
It's a joke. I was joking.

Beadle68

Steve Dillon was another fave and John Ridgway on the dead man love that very atmospheric black and white style.

Mabs

Quote from: Beadle68 on 25 March, 2013, 10:55:19 PM
Steve Dillon was another fave and John Ridgway on the dead man love that very atmospheric black and white style.

Fu*k! How could i forget Ridgway? His work on Dead Man was outstanding.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

JayzusB.Christ

Da Vinci, Duchamp, Warhol, Durer, Breughel the Elder, Bosch. Oh, and Kev O'Neill.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Colin YNWA

I always find this too hard to answer and whatever I say one day will likely change the next. However what I will say is that Henry Flint is the definitive 2000ad artist. I've not faulted from that view since I first thought about it.

sheldipez

Simon Davis, always takes me twice as long to read any prog with his stuff as I just end up staring at the page.