Main Menu

Hobbies Other Than Comics

Started by Dredd Head, 25 March, 2013, 09:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dredd Head

Hi All,
        Just wondering if anyone has any hobbies other than comics, Me personally I have played guitar every day for around about 3 4 years even my daughter who is 1 and a half likes to play the guitar if u count hitting the strings to make a noise playing lol

JayzusB.Christ

Did Bujinkan (ninja stuff) for a long time- gave up last year to go travelling and find myself too busy to take it up again these days.  I will, though.
I also like writing and drawing, and did a stint as a stand-up comedian.  Like many stand-ups, though, I'm fairly shy and boring in real life  :)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

vzzbux

I collect the odd star wars figure every now and again.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mabs

Football.........watching, not playing!  :lol:

I love drawing in my spare time, anything that comes to mind really. My last endevour proved to be a little er, complicated. Why? It was one of the Old Ones from the Mountains of Madness! It was fun though!

Also, love spending time with my kids. Again drawing lessons with my boy and girl (who even at that young are proving a match for their daddy!). I love that my boy takes after me, he's really talented for his age and a dreamer like i was at his age; space, Mars, the universe etc. and comes up with stuff which even astounds me at times.

Other stuff include Reading (both prose and poetry - a huge lover of Keats and Wordsworth). Films. Music (film scores and stuff like Cat Stevens, Bob Dylan and Jim Morrison) History ( love learning about historical figures such as Alexander the Great, Hannibal etc). And so on and so forth.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Mabs

Oh, and a massive science fiction and western geek; collecting books, magazines, toys replicas and stuff!  :D

I'm also learning signing (BSL), for my daughter. I love going to classes, but does that count as a hobby? Anyway, i enjoy it.

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Dredd Head

Quote from: Mabs on 26 March, 2013, 12:01:16 AM
Oh, and a massive science fiction and western geek; collecting books, magazines, toys replicas and stuff!  :D

I'm also learning signing (BSL), for my daughter. I love going to classes, but does that count as a hobby? Anyway, i enjoy it.

I would say anything you enjoy that you do regular is a hobby. My wife's a good drawer but get's self doubtful and doesn't do it enough

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Mabs on 25 March, 2013, 11:42:23 PM
Football.........watching, not playing!  :lol:

Same. 50% of my time and money is spent travelling watching Spurs play home and away. Swansea this weekend. 8 hour round trip just to, more than likely, see Spurs lose.

Still, beats sitting at home.

Mabs

The sacrifices you make for love, eh?! Still, it'll all be worh it if you can make the top 4!

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Albion

Homebrewing.
Occasional attempts at art.
Supporting Brighton & Hove Albion.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

staticgirl

Like many people here I love drawing. I also like gardening, gentle hiking, taking bad photographs, visiting museums, armchair archaeology, reading detective, historical and scif-i novels (especially books which mix the genres), a huge magazine habit (not women's mags though as they are pretty shit nowadays), ranting about politics, am obsessed by music almost as much as when I was a teenager, talking to random cats and dogs in the street, wandering around London like a tourist even though I work there and drooling over shoes/boots*.

*It's a good job I don't have much money else I'd need a  bigger flat.

shaolin_monkey

I collect spores, moulds, and fungus.

Tiplodocus

I like to look at women's underware. Not "underwear", mind, "underware".
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Mabs

Quote from: staticgirl on 26 March, 2013, 12:01:12 PM
Like many people here I love drawing. I also like gardening, gentle hiking, taking bad photographs, visiting museums, armchair archaeology, reading detective, historical and scif-i novels (especially books which mix the genres), a huge magazine habit (not women's mags though as they are pretty shit nowadays), ranting about politics, am obsessed by music almost as much as when I was a teenager, talking to random cats and dogs in the street, wandering around London like a tourist even though I work there and drooling over shoes/boots*.

*It's a good job I don't have much money else I'd need a  bigger flat.

I wanted to comment on your blog the other day, staticgirl (but found it difficult as i had about 100 questions flung at me just to register a comment!). I wanted to say that the work you've put up is absolutely awesome. Your drawings are hugely inpressive, the b&w art, linework, shading etc. Exquisite stuff indeed!  :thumbsup:

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Mabs

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 26 March, 2013, 12:04:58 PM
I collect spores, moulds, and fungus.

Sounds very er, interesting, shaolin!  :D

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Link Prime