Main Menu

C2E2 - Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo

Started by Mike Carroll, 23 April, 2013, 07:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Carroll

Well, we're departing shortly for Chicago for C2E2 - the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo, taking place from Friday 26th to Sunday 28th!

If you're there, don't forget to visit stall #1030 in the exhibitor's hall for all your 2000AD and Judge Dredd goodies!

Be sure to check out the website for the live streaming of the panel DREDD and Beyond: The Whole Wide World of 2000 AD on Friday, April 26th, at 19:45 PM (Chicago time: in GMT that's 01:45 on Saturday morning, unless I've miscalculated, which is entirely possible given that I've only had about three hours' sleep). The panel's description:

It's been an incredible year for 2000 AD with the DREDD movie and critically-acclaimed stories such as Day of Chaos, Brass Sun and Trifecta – but what's in store for the Galaxy's Greatest Comic in 2013? Three of our biggest Creators – Andy Diggle (The Losers), Paul Cornell (Wolverine) and Michael Carroll (Judge Dredd) – join Heidi MacDonald from The Comics Beat to talk about why you should be reading 2000 AD right now!

Plus there may be some fairly exclusive - and very exciting - news about forthcoming 2000AD stuff...!

-- Mike
P.S.: Also, April 28th is Leonia's birthday! Please send her lots of presents and / or good wishes. Though presents would be preferred...

COMMANDO FORCES

Exclusive and exciting 2000 AD news you say, that's my favourite type.
Have fun and spread the word!

Colin YNWA

Uh you tease you, I wonder what it will be, very exciting.

Also good to see the topic of the panel. While Dredd deservedly gets a lot of attention and plaudits, 2000ad greatest strength isn't a signal character but its diversity. So now we have Dredd really breaking into the US consciousness (I hope), its a good time to start pushing the other stories some more.

I wonder if I should be excited about Paul Cornell being on the panel. I'd love to see him back!

dweezil2

Sounds great!

Can't wait to watch on tinternet!   :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo