Main Menu

Meg 337 American Reaper: Pray it's not Positive.

Started by JUDGE BURNS, 15 June, 2013, 02:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Beigh

Quote from: MIKE COLLINS on 24 June, 2013, 11:45:21 PM
Quote from: SKD on 24 June, 2013, 08:30:16 PM
By the look of it, the Alien Zoo's art deco entrance was designed by Berthold Lubetkin's Tecton Group. Just like Dudley Zoo. :D   

Stew.
As me'n'Ian are both West Midlands lads, and we both used to go there a lot as kids, we thought it'd be a cheeky in-joke to use Dudley Zoo-- a lot of the architecture I've drawn is based on the place but obviously scaled up for Mega City One.

So, basically, great spot SKD!

SKD

As me'n'Ian are both West Midlands lads, and we both used to go there a lot as kids, we thought it'd be a cheeky in-joke to use Dudley Zoo-- a lot of the architecture I've drawn is based on the place but obviously scaled up for Mega City One.

Nice one Mike. I knew Ian was from around these parts, but I didn't realise that you where too. I had a big grin on my face when I turned the page and saw that familiar entrance. I recognised the curved section from the old bear enclosure too. Considering that the zoo was designed and built in the 1930's, it sits very well in the future setting of Mega city One.

Stew.

ChickenStu

The Meg has been pissing me off lately sorry to say. Apart from the ol' Stoney Face adventures - and The Streets Of Dan Francisco I find this organ on the whole pretty boring! Can't wait till September for the movie sequel, I'll persevere until then.
Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

Mabs

Quote from: ChickenStu on 26 June, 2013, 12:11:10 PM
The Meg has been pissing me off lately sorry to say. Apart from the ol' Stoney Face adventures - and The Streets Of Dan Francisco I find this organ on the whole pretty boring! Can't wait till September for the movie sequel, I'll persevere until then.

Has the movie sequel been confirmed for September? That's news to me! Wonder who'll be on writing and art duties? Either way looking forward to this.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

sheldipez

The ending of Blacklight wasn't half abrupt. Guess it was cancelled/abandoned?

I liked sexy ostriches but it's taken a while to get to that cliffhanger; would of been a lot better if it was leaner.

MIKE COLLINS

Quote from: SKD on 25 June, 2013, 10:30:52 PM

Nice one Mike. I knew Ian was from around these parts, but I didn't realise that you where too. I had a big grin on my face when I turned the page and saw that familiar entrance. I recognised the curved section from the old bear enclosure too. Considering that the zoo was designed and built in the 1930's, it sits very well in the future setting of Mega city One.

Stew.

Ta! Yep, the architecture works fine in MegaCity One!

I'm from West Bromwich originally (home of John Byrne too!) tho live in Cardiff nowadays. If you go back through my work, every so often the Rotunda from the Bull Ring turns up in city shots-- in Dredd and in my US work. Always nice to have a tip of the hat to the old home :-)

DrJomster

Really liking the Steve Yeowell art in Black Light! Wish Red Seas had been like this....
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Link Prime

Mabs

Quote from: DrJomster on 27 June, 2013, 10:52:40 PM
Really liking the Steve Yeowell art in Black Light! Wish Red Seas had been like this....

It probably would look better in colour, but I like it just the way it is tbh.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

The Adventurer

I really wasn't a fan of the Yeowell coloring in Black Light. Or actually ever. I recall not liking his colored work in Nikolia Dante. I much prefer his work in black and white.

I think the only Yeowell colored work I've ever legit loved, was that 'Jack's Back' cover he did

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hawkmumbler

I don't think the asthetics of Red Sea's would work as well in colour. I certainly never had the desire to see that Kraken from Prog 2013 in colour.

Proudhuff

you need enough lines to fill the gaps between them if you want colour...
DDT did a job on me

Daveycandlish

Quote from: Proudhuff on 29 June, 2013, 11:03:36 AM
you need enough lines to fill the gaps between them if you want colour...

Oooooooh! Saucer of milk for Mr Proudhuff please!

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

The Prodigal

I stopped buying the meg while AR was running. Before then I was a relative newbie/occasional buyer. Guys may I ask what's replacing AR in the next meg?

The Adventurer

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK