Main Menu

Sci Fi Currency Converter

Started by radiator, 28 June, 2013, 10:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Planning a holiday to Westeros, or Hogsmeade, or Tatooine this summer? Then you'll probably need:

http://www.moneyinadvance.co.uk/sci-fi-currency-converter/

It even has Mega City creds!

TordelBack

Very clever, love the calculation rationalisations.  However, maybe a bit disappointing that you only get decimal outputs for each 'coin'. I'd like to have seen breakdowns into Galleons, Sickles and Knuts!

Colin YNWA

Good to see the Pound so strong. Means any 2000ad artists living in fictional Sci-Fi and fantasy locations will have more incentive to get work from Tharg...

... oh yeah...

von Boom

Nice to see the Dredd cred and dollarpound. I only wish they'd do the Dune Solaris and hhgttg Ningis.

Pete Wells

It was actually ME who gave those people the information for that site. They said they were from Leeds University and creating an app. I used the most famous mention of creds from Dredd's world that I could think of - Melda Dreep's 4 cred freezy whip. I figured that an ice cream costs around 2 pounds, so the going rate (20 odd years ago) for the pound compared to the cred was 2 creds per pound. I told them to factor in inflation but they obviously didn't.

Cool to see it up and running.