Main Menu

MEG 338 - Dredd Comes Down Hard on Crime

Started by Buttonman, 13 July, 2013, 09:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

A fine Megazine: lots of Dreddverse,a cover that MUST be a tshirt soon, no sexy ostriches or Buttman letters, what's not to like?
DDT did a job on me

Pioneer

A (sort of) happy ending in Dredd also! When was the last time that happened??

Snuffers

Commemorative Justice Department Synthi-Caff Mug for the store?
Please?
*flutters eyelashes*
@NigelSnufkin

Proudhuff

Am I the only one who read the Slaine advert as 30 Years of Laughter??
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

johnnystress

Really good Meg this month. Nice to read Knight Zero again..a good yarn. I remember reading an interview with Kev Hopgood saying how he he was influenced by Jose Ortiz. I never noticed at the time but it's so obvious to me now. I posted this elsewhere but thought I'd share it here too...I have the same toy gun that Kev used for refernence when he painted the cover of prog 616..do I win five pounds?

Recrewt

Amazing!  You should definitely send that with an email to Dreddlines - it might get put in the letters page.

kevhopgood

The Prodigal

Bought the meg this month along with the prog (I'm an occasional meg buyer who tends to avoid ostriches).

Now that's the sort of issue that would have me as a regular.

Jim_Campbell

Two pages, lots of praise for the cover, and not one mention of that crossbar 'I' in "weight"?!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 18 July, 2013, 01:27:21 PM
Two pages, lots of praise for the cover, and not one mention of that crossbar 'I' in "weight"?!

Cheers

Jim

I'm just happy it's not W8
DDT did a job on me

Albion

As well as Johnnystress' gun Cliff Robinson has just pointed out to me that the gun on the cover is based on the one he drew on my Minty commission that Commando Forces character is holding.  :)
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

johnnystress

Some day I hope to own the pliers that this creature was based on

some day

Montynero

Quote from: Proudhuff on 16 July, 2013, 04:43:42 PM
Am I the only one who read the Slaine advert as 30 Years of Laughter??

Prepping us for an anniversary strip by Bobby Davro & Joe Pasquale? 'And we all thought it too many.'

Seriously, that Dredd strip by Boo and Tom is an instant classic. The first page alone is worth the cover price. I loved watching all the characters move around as they fell. It's a great idea, executed superbly in both script and art, inter cutting seamlessly between different times and keeping you guessing right to the end. Some lovely touches with the toy Dredd too. Absolutely wonderful stuff.

Love the cover too. Classic Dredd imagery. 

Enjoyed the interviews and the rest of the meg was strong. Only the Cursed Earth Tale was a struggle to read. (I literally gave up three times and had to make a special effort to finish it. But then my daughter was splashing about in the paddling pool at the time. You can't really concentrate on a story when you're watching out for a two year old. And my mind was still reeling from it being shorts weather in Dundee!)