Main Menu

Dredd now available on Netflix (US)

Started by Steve Green, 23 August, 2013, 03:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Dredd has just shown up on Netflix (US at least)

James Stacey

Steve Green

Probably because Lionsgate didn't distribute it over here - I'm not sure what deals the UK distributors have with Netflix, hopefully it will turn up in other territories.

Simon Beigh

I seem to vaguely recall it being exclusive to LoveFilm in the UK. Another victim of these perpetual rights wars that don't seem to benefit the poor old consumer...

sheldipez

It's quite easy to change your Netflix selection to US on PC,360 or PS3. I never access UK selection - it was a barren wasteland when I last checked.

Goaty

I never use Netflix stuff or those downloads things, as wasn't sure if they do subtitles?

Only in US for Dredd? Shamed.

radiator

Netflix has great subtitles actually - we use them all the time because of the obnoxious way sound is mixed in pretty much everything these days. It even remembers when you have them switched on, so you don't have to do it each time you load up a new episode of Breaking Bad or whatever.

DrRocka

Three different people have told me this today, but it's not showing up on my Netflix (on my Wii), even when i change the region over to USA. Is it not on the streaming service, or something?

I could, of course, just get off my arse and put the DVD in the player....
Never ever bloody anything ever

DrRocka

Ignore the last one - it's under "Gritty Crime Thrillers".

I thinking that it'll be a while till it shows on Netflix Uk - if Dvd sales are still going well (it was still at number 5 in my local Sainsburys last week), surely they'll wait til sales drop off a bit before putting it on streaming sites?

For what it's worth, Netflix Uk's selection has improved tremendously over the last couple of months, in my opinion - well worth six quid a month on its own...
Never ever bloody anything ever