Main Menu

Rogue Trooper with Sam Worthington

Started by redtoms, 24 August, 2013, 10:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redtoms

Was there any more movement on that Rogue Trooper movie Sam Worthington's production company was trying to do? Grant Morrison was supposed to write it...

I just remembered reading about it a while back:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/10/03/grant-morrison-to-write-rogue-trooper-movie/

Greg M.

I seem to recall the Grant Morrison thing was completely made-up.

redtoms

Cheers. Was just daydreaming about all the movie potential in the 2000AD universe, so many original characters...

blackmocco

Why do I remember rumors of a Rogue movie in the late 80's/early 90's allegedly involving Rutger Hauer...?
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Steve Green

Googling it I can see a couple of mentions, but I don't remember where it started originally.

Frank

Quote from: Steve Green on 25 August, 2013, 06:20:41 PM
Googling it I can see a couple of mentions, but I don't remember where it started originally.

I just assumed that was fanwank based on Will Simpson obviously using Rutger Hauer's character in Blade Runner as visual inspiration for Friday's corporate creator in War Machine. Gibbons's plot for that series isn't a million miles away from Roy Batty's story either.

dracula1

The chances of this happening are zero, Rebellions business strategy isn't vigorous enough to make these kinds of movies happen. What's happened to proposed Button Man movie by the way?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Steve Green on 25 August, 2013, 06:20:41 PM

Bleeding Cool.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: dracula1 on 25 August, 2013, 08:30:38 PM
The chances of this happening are zero, Rebellions business strategy isn't vigorous enough to make these kinds of movies happen. What's happened to proposed Button Man movie by the way?

Dreamworks have the rights. There is nothing Rebellion can do while it's in development there and Buttonman is also creator owned so the rights were likely optioned from those parties. Rebellion is not a large company with its own film-production wing so it's unfair to think they have the resources to spare on chasing investors. I'm sure they get plenty of offers that don't lead anywhere or aren't genuine.

dracula1

Thanks Mr Soap for the accurate background info', I can see why these movies aren't happening now.

junox