Main Menu

Irish Comic News Awards 2013

Started by Mike Carroll, 18 October, 2013, 01:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Carroll

Hey chums,

The shortlists for this year's Irish Comic News Awards have been announced, and voting is now open!

I'm nominated in the Best Irish Writer Published Outside Ireland category, as is our very own Richmond Clements. Now, I realise that's a dilemma: Me or His Lordship, which to choose? We're both equally talented, especially me, and we're both fab 'n' groovy dudes. I'm taller, but Rich has more hair. Hmm... Well, I guess the only fair way is to go in alphabetical order by surname.
;)

Other 2000AD folks up for nomination include PJ Holden, Len O'Grady, John McCrea and Brendan McCarthy (the latter two competing in the Hall of Fame category).

Also: 2000AD and Numbercruncher are up for Best Irish Creator Comic Published Outside Ireland.

-- Mike

JOE SOAP

Congratulations to Richard Clemmons.

pauljholden

Well, that's one vote you're clearly not getting Mike...

-pj
:P

COMMANDO FORCES

JOE SOAP

Quote from: pauljholden on 18 October, 2013, 02:49:57 PM
Well, that's one vote you're clearly not getting Mike...

My commiserations PJ. Maybe next year...or...

...I accept credit card & paypal.

Richmond Clements

I'm genuinely flabbergasted to be in there. I dunno who nominated me, but thank you!

Mike Carroll

Voting ends tonight! Come on, folks... If you haven't done so yet, now's the time to get your votes in!

Remember, myself and Richmond Clements are in the same category, so you can't vote for both of us. So consider carefully before you make your decision: which of us would you rather have fighting alongside you in the coming zombie apocalypse? Hint: I'm an expert archer and marksman, plus I don't like tinned beans so when that's all there's left to eat, I will give you my share. Also, I know for a fact that when the swarms descend, Richmond can run faster than you can. He will leave you behind to be eaten.

-- Mike

Richmond Clements

Link Prime

I've already voted a few weeks ago.

I cant reveal who got that vote though. <choke>

Proudhuff

done, but only in the catagories I know summit about...
DDT did a job on me