Main Menu

Meg 345

Started by Spaceghost, 15 February, 2014, 01:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

Quote from: Spaceghost on 19 February, 2014, 01:38:50 PM
Quote from: Apestrife on 18 February, 2014, 08:56:38 PM
Dredd put on some extra humanity to cut Cass some slack.

[spoiler]Bit too late for that now...[/spoiler]

Nah, you think so? I think she'll be ok, but a bit angry perhaps. Maybe blaming Dredd for the things that happened during Day of Chaos, that lead to her doing the thing she did.

And "into the light", my money on that it'll have to do with Corey and the sovmeg dude from Shamballa. Some light in the tunnel stuff. Hopefully a good one, where they're not there to greet her so that she understands that they're only a memory and can only live if she does.

strontium71

But in this interview here http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/19/the-biggest-judge-dredd-spoiler-you-could-possibly-read-today/

Alan Grant says [spoiler]...he saw it as the only logical conclusion for the character. It's a difficult direction for that character, but it's probably the biggest effect we've seen of the Day of Chaos, with Anderson despairing in the face of almost a billion deaths. And as one of 2000AD's biggest characters, it's a hell of a dark place for Alan to take things...[/spoiler]

So make of that what you will  :-*
...because I hate you.

sheldipez

That means she's going to be gone for at least a year!

mimikeke

ZenArcade

Interesting Stront 71, that many people pissed away on Justice Departments watch has to have had an effect greater than the progs have yet dealt with :P. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dominic O'Rourke

What hope for a follow up to the Dredd movie [spoiler]if the fans find that the female lead has hung herself?[/spoiler]

I'm sure we've been here before, the movie tries to sell an idea of MC1 to the masses, then the comic book writers go and destroy nine tenths of it.

What hope do the editors have of bringing in any new fans from the mainstream?
Member No. 10

Steve Green

Funny, I seem to remember Alan saying at the panel that he wanted to lighten the tone a bit.

Maybe this is Alan being 'light'

Hawkmumbler

She'll certainly be feeling light headed!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: smell on 19 February, 2014, 08:18:03 PMI'm sure we've been here before, the movie tries to sell an idea of MC1 to the masses, then the comic book writers go and destroy nine tenths of it.
That Peter Parker isn't currently Spider-Man doesn't seem to have impacted on the movie series's box-office chances.

Hap Hazzard

Quote from: smell on 19 February, 2014, 08:18:03 PM
What hope for a follow up to the Dredd movie [spoiler]if the fans find that the female lead has hung herself?[/spoiler]

I'm sure we've been here before, the movie tries to sell an idea of MC1 to the masses, then the comic book writers go and destroy nine tenths of it.

What hope do the editors have of bringing in any new fans from the mainstream?

It's not going to have any effect on new fans at all. The movie was set a couple of months before the first Dredd stroy in Prog 2 was meant to be, timeline wise. So if we're lucky and the movie gets a continuation they've got 35-plus years of Cass to explore as a side-lead. That's even if they include her should a continuation go ahead. Her character simply isn't some kind of an issue to people who arent fans already, whether she's still alive or dead in the comics has no meaning for anyone beyond those of us following the stories.

As to the event itself, [spoiler] Cass killing herself, it really is the most logical way to conclude the character considering the issues brought up in her life over the last twenty years of stories and it's been foreshadowed a long time. It also provides more poignancy to looking back on her stories from that point on. It's also going to give rise to interesting issues on how Justice Dept will adapt to deal with Death and his killing pals when their best weapon against them is gone. However, seeing as Anderson is shown involved in the Dark Justice storyline that's upcoming, I doubt this is Anderson's actual demise. It should come, as it should to Dredd himself sooner or later before handing the story over to Rico. But I'd be surprised to see this is actually it when she's already known to be a part of future storylines. [/spoiler]
That's just, like, uh, your opinion, man.

ZenArcade

Just finished the Meg. Damn good read.

The Dredd story is interesting  to begin with. The mention of the Hallucinogenia brings me back to my old Geology lectures on the Cambrian explosion and the Burgess shales :).

I see the Carroll droid has went far towards clearing the MC2/Hondo City rebuild controversy in DeMarco (a doffing of the hat to that).

Ordinary :|

Anderson: ok as a MC1 post day of chaos kinda guy the first panel of page 3 really shows us the new layout of islands of city surrounded by ruin. As for the rest of the story....tears unnumbered shall ye weep.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

mimikeke

Quote from: Apestrife on 19 February, 2014, 05:54:12 PM

Nah, you think so? I think she'll be ok, but a bit angry perhaps. Maybe blaming Dredd for the things that happened during Day of Chaos, that lead to her doing the thing she did.

And "into the light", my money on that it'll have to do with Corey and the sovmeg dude from Shamballa. Some light in the tunnel stuff. Hopefully a good one, where they're not there to greet her so that she understands that they're only a memory and can only live if she does.
[spoiler]
I hope she's dead for a while though if they do bring her back, cuz it'd kinda make the whole death shallow otherwise[/spoiler]

HdE

I feel genuinely upset by the develoment spoilered on BleedingCool.

Without doubt, one of my all-time fave comics characters. If this really is the final curtain, it'll be a huge shame.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Apestrife

Quote from: mimikeke on 20 February, 2014, 04:05:02 AM
Quote from: Apestrife on 19 February, 2014, 05:54:12 PM

[spoiler]
I hope she's dead for a while though if they do bring her back, cuz it'd kinda make the whole death shallow otherwise[/spoiler]

She has a tear running down he cheek when Dredd enters the room, so it's probably "just" an attempt when Joe opens the door, so I believe he'll get her down in time. She did a similar thing in "The pits" and contemplated doing it on a ledge and with a lawgiver to her head earlier in this story.

mimikeke

spoiler tag it, man!  :P