Main Menu

Brass Sun is getting launched as a stand alone comic?

Started by Ancient Otter, 19 February, 2014, 05:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient Otter

Just spotted this in the listings for the March 2014 previews catalog, under the Rebellion listings:

QuoteFI   MAR14 1340   BRASS SUN #1 (OF 6)   05/28/14   SRP: $3.99    = $

Interesting....

sheldipez

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 19 February, 2014, 05:26:46 PM
Just spotted this in the listings for the March 2014 previews catalog, under the Rebellion listings:

QuoteFI   MAR14 1340   BRASS SUN #1 (OF 6)   05/28/14   SRP: $3.99    = $

Interesting....

That's a great fit. It always felt like a Vertigo series to me.

Colin YNWA

Yeah that should work a treat. Shame if it is coming out it seems to be doing so sneaking under the radar a little. Mind plenty of time for the fanfare to start. It'd also be such a shame if they compressed the art.

Mabs

My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Colin YNWA

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 01 March, 2014, 09:41:03 PM
Great cover.

Yeah, it is.
I wonder if all 6 issues will have new covers or if they'll re-use some of Culbards superb Prog efforts.

Hope this finds an audience

CrazyFoxMachine

Really interesting, Rebellion launching 2000ad branded single story comics...

Something that would really work and that cover is stunning. I always liked the idea of there being European Cinebooks style single-story "albums" done by UK creators. Wonder if Rebellion would be into publishing that kinda thing? When I went for my stunningly naive interview with Hurlant giants Humanoids they mentioned perhaps branching into that kind of territory and a Ewing/Flint set of comics sprung into my mind immediately....

Is there the market for it? Unknown - but there's a big Cinebooks rack at our local comic shop and I'd be interested to know how well they do.

Goosegash

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 01 March, 2014, 10:17:46 PM
Really interesting, Rebellion launching 2000ad branded single story comics...

Something that would really work and that cover is stunning. I always liked the idea of there being European Cinebooks style single-story "albums" done by UK creators. Wonder if Rebellion would be into publishing that kinda thing? When I went for my stunningly naive interview with Hurlant giants Humanoids they mentioned perhaps branching into that kind of territory and a Ewing/Flint set of comics sprung into my mind immediately....

Back in the early 2000s, Rebellion did try publishing a short run of stories in hardback European-style format, including the first volume of Button Man (now goes for £70 new!). It seems like they didn't take like the later softback collections did, however.

Ancient Otter

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 01 March, 2014, 10:17:46 PM

Did you do an interview for the Metal Hurlan series back in the noughties?

Interesting...

I heard before 2000AD toyed with the idea of releasing Nikolai Dante in those 48 page hardbacks.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 02 March, 2014, 02:26:55 AM
I heard before 2000AD toyed with the idea of releasing Nikolai Dante in those 48 page hardbacks.

I do believe that Dante would be one of the strips that would find a market on the continent in this sort of format. Of course I know nowt more than I read but it seems such a perfect fit. It might not make it in America  but so what, there's bigger markets out there and I reckon there's a host of 2000ad out there to explore it.

Pat Mills' Slaine and ABC do okay over there don't they? Do they?

Ancient Otter

Nikolai Dante in 48 page hardbacks sounds great but think of the cost but having the complete series in that format!  :o

Hawkmumbler

Slaine sell's well in France and Spain I believe. So I can see a market for Dante thats for sure.

I hear Cinebooks thrown around quite a bit lately. Might have to dig into my pockets.

CrazyFoxMachine

Did you do an interview for the Metal Hurlan series back in the noughties?

hehe no - I went for a job interview with them last summer. What a fool I was!  :-[

Ancient Otter

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 02 March, 2014, 01:48:56 PM
Did you do an interview for the Metal Hurlant series back in the noughties?

hehe no - I went for a job interview with them last summer. What a fool I was!  :-[

Not at all!

Michael Evans

I hope this new edition of Brass Sun will be available from the 2000AD online shop, as well.