Main Menu

New Kingdom novel

Started by Trout, 05 March, 2014, 03:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

In this week's Thrillspam email:

New York Times best selling author Dan Abnett has written an original novel set in the world of his hit 2000 AD comics series Kingdom - and the paperback and signed hardback are now available to pre-purchase!

Co-written with Nik Vincent, Fiefdom is set one hundred years after the events of Kingdom, in which a genetically engineered dog-soldiers fought giant marauding insects in a post-apocalyptic future. The action moves into the northern hemisphere, where Them are now a folk memory and the Aux war with one another in the ruins of what was once Berlin. Inspired by the legends of Gene, young Evelyn War begins to question the Aux's situation as she hears the first rumours about the return of Them...

Want want want. My wanting is wanton. Waaaaant.

- Trout

Dash Decent

Sounds good, doesn't it?

It's been discussed a few times in the Forthcoming Thrills thread over the last few months. 
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Trout

Ah, apologies. Thanks for letting me know. I avoid that thread because I like to find out about strips as they appear. :)

Bat King

It was on a blog sometime in September.

HERE
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Goaty

Damn, that's beautiful cover!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Goaty on 06 March, 2014, 05:11:30 PM
Damn, that's beautiful cover!

Hmm. If that's by the usually infallible Pye, I hope he has the opportunity to move those blades a little, so that the title doesn't read FIEEDOM...!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

Lettering nerds are the absolute worst.

Bat King

I have heard them referred to as "the drummers of comics"
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Dash Decent

Quote from: Trout Trousers on 05 March, 2014, 09:45:34 PM
Ah, apologies. Thanks for letting me know. I avoid that thread because I like to find out about strips as they appear. :)

No need for apologies, TT, just pointing it out in case anyone wants to read the discussions.

The Forthcoming Thrills thread has good info on upcoming trades.  There used to be a list keeping tabs on upcoming stories in the prog/meg but that largely dried up a couple of years ago.

@Professor Bear: Please 'bear' in mind the old rhyme - "If in threads you don't like bans/don't post your reply in Comic Sans."
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

jackstarr

QuoteI hope he has the opportunity to move those blades a little, so that the title doesn't read FIEEDOM...!
I read it as "FLEEDOM"  :-\

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Dash Decent on 06 March, 2014, 08:37:09 PM@Professor Bear: Please 'bear' in mind the old rhyme - "If in threads you don't like bans/don't post your reply in Comic Sans."

Any forum whose populace is genuinely worried about the use of such things I would want nothing to do with.

Trout

Mabs

Cor! A Kingdom novel you say? I can't wait to get my hands on it! The original comic is one of my favourite 2000ad strips, and as well as this book I cannot wait for its return in the Prog.

"Get whet!"  :D
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

CrazyFoxMachine

Seems ridiculous to not have an Elson cover, but what the hey and yes. Fieedom.