Main Menu

Meg 346

Started by Richard, 15 March, 2014, 05:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

No prog today, but at least there was a good Megazine. Anderson is the best story in this issue. I especially like the bit where [spoiler]Dredd deals with a block war all by himself and his dialogue with the late-arriving back-up.[/spoiler]

Dredd was alright, although it reminds me a little bit of [spoiler]Anderson: Childhood's End.[/spoiler]

An interesting and different one-off story by Rob Williams and an amazing artist called Rey Maculay, from who I would like to see much more in the future.

DeMarco heading towards its conclusion in next issue. It's not my favourite story, but I liked the [spoiler]"...yet" on page four.[/spoiler]

hippynumber1

I agree with everything Richard said but he's missed a couple of things: interviews with Emma Beeby and Hilary Robinson were both interesting with an especially intriquing "I'd love to (return to 2000AD) as long I was guaranteed that the same nonsense wouldn't happen again"

The cover! Absolutely beautiful, poignant work from Mr Simon Fraser!

hippynumber1

Quote is from Robinson obviously! Where's the Gruddamn edit function?!

Frank

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 15 March, 2014, 06:25:19 PM
Hilary Robinson ... "I'd love to (return to 2000AD)"

That'd be a polite no thank you from me.

Richard

I've just read the Peter Milligan interview, and it's made me remember how brilliant The Dead and Shadows were. They deserve their own Megazine floppies.

Bolt-01

Hmm- The Hilary Robinson Interview was conducted by a Karl Stock. This is the same Karl Stock that has written strips for FutureQuake, Something Wicked and Zarjaz. In fact he is in the current Zarjaz with a rather fine Judge Dredd strip.

[Smug] That's another published droid that came from FQP. [/Smug]

Colin YNWA

Is the floppie with this one the second Black Siddha volume?

Bolt-01

IndigoPrime

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 15 March, 2014, 06:25:19 PMHilary Robinson were both interesting with an especially intriquing "I'd love to (return to 2000AD) as long I was guaranteed that the same nonsense wouldn't happen again"
I'd certainly be happy to see more Medivac 318 *if* Nigel Dobbyn also returned on art duties.

sheldipez

I aint read this but just seen the cover and I'm confused to why Dredd appears to be holding Anderson upside down and seems to be staring at her... well... he seems to be staring.

I don't get it.  ::)

Richard

That's hilarious! I hadn't noticed it, but now that you've pointed it out, I can't not notice it!

Mabs

Quote from: sheldipez on 18 March, 2014, 12:45:18 PM
I aint read this but just seen the cover and I'm confused to why Dredd appears to be holding Anderson upside down

Maybe he's trying to get blood flow to her head, seeing as she must've been oxygen deprived for a while?
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

ZenArcade

He's putting her into a matter transmitter to send her to a specalist med unit in Oz....he just wants to make sure she arrives the right way up.  :-\ ok it was poor. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

DrJomster

Yet another strong Meg! Good work team!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

SmallBlueThing

Bah! My Meg-experience ruined this month by the comic being wrongly cut. On every page, including the cover, I am missing the top of the art and speech balloons and instead have a free white strip along the bottom saying "JUDGE DREDD MEG #346 pg1", etc. Most un-scrotnig!

Do you reckon Rebellion would send me a replacement?

SBT