Main Menu

Meg 346

Started by Richard, 15 March, 2014, 05:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

It's an extremely rare limited edition that is! Stick it on ebay for £500!  :lol:

James Stacey

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 19 March, 2014, 10:20:20 AM
Bah! My Meg-experience ruined this month by the comic being wrongly cut. On every page, including the cover, I am missing the top of the art and speech balloons and instead have a free white strip along the bottom saying "JUDGE DREDD MEG #346 pg1", etc. Most un-scrotnig!

Do you reckon Rebellion would send me a replacement?

SBT
Almost definitely. Rebellion have one of the best customer services I've had to deal with.

Apestrife

A good meg!

Kinda like the cover. A little Rico throwback "She aint heavy"

Judge Dredd The call of K.Cattrall isn't the best Dredd I'v read, but I liked the ending's "That one does.". Will perhaps grow on me on a re-read of the whole story.

Demarco PI left me wanting more about the sovsector instead of some fabled mutant.

Evangelyne felt like a comic from the old. Definitely had it's charm.

Judge Anderson Dead end --didn't, as a lot of us thought. It even had a "Next episode" pasted on the page. But about this one. It was good. Really like that the limbo thing was kept to a minimum, nothing spectacular. While Corey, the sovmeg judge and even her dad sort of showed up, there was nothing trippy about it. And I like that. Will be interesting to see what Alan makes out of the angle that someone else pushed her over the edge. Perhaps the tutor in the jar? Blown to bits during Apocalypse War, and now witnessing the consequences of how the stopped the war. Could be cool if he blames Anderson as much as Dredd for Day of chaos ever happening. I'm eager to see where this is happening. While Alan's Dredd doesn't always talk like I think he should, it gets the job done. But he nails Anderson. Would love if this got collected together with for example Closet, Titan and Man comes around. While the upcomming Fallout sets the stage of post DOC, stories like those I mentioned above set's the tone.

So yeah, as said. A good meg. And Anderson definitely was my fav. in this one.

The Adventurer

I never made it to the end of last week's Floppy reprint and somehow missed the fact that the second book of Black Siddha got a reprint this month.

Yaaaaaaay! First book was strangely better then expected, so I was looking forward to the second book getting a reprint. Hopefully Book 3 isn't far away, though I actually have that in print Megs, as I was collecting the Meg at that point...

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

NapalmKev

Evangelyne was excellent, it reminded me of an old Prog story that had Hitler trying to find the 'Spear of Destiny'. Great stuff!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Mabs

Quote from: James Stacey on 19 March, 2014, 11:28:06 AM
Bah! My Meg-experience ruined this month by the comic being wrongly cut. On every page, including the cover, I am missing the top of the art and speech balloons and instead have a free white strip along the bottom saying "JUDGE DREDD MEG #346 pg1", etc. Most un-scrotnig!

SBT
Almost definitely. Rebellion have one of the best customer services I've had to deal with.

My Black Siddah floppy looks like it's been seriously mishandled! The Meg is in good shape by the way, but floppy looks like prior to being bagged, it was rolled up to bash someone!  :lol:
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

blixab

Quote from: Mabs on 21 March, 2014, 08:32:33 AM
Quote from: James Stacey on 19 March, 2014, 11:28:06 AM

SBT

My Black Siddah floppy looks like it's been seriously mishandled! The Meg is in good shape by the way, but floppy looks like prior to being bagged, it was rolled up to bash someone!  :lol:

At least you got a floppy, Royal Fail had managed to deliver an opened packet with a damaged Meg & no floppy to this household. The lovely Denise is sorting a replacement though so suggest you drop her a line. That's what good customer service is all about and Denise has it in bucket loads!

Mabs

Sorry blixab, I missed your post. I'll hold on to the floppy, I bought it from my local newsie you see, don't know if I'll qualify for a replacement. Must say I'm not too keen on Black Siddah, thought the last volume was okay but not something which rocked my boat unfortunately.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

matty_ae

Loved the cover but what a horrendous, unnecessary, ill thought-through strap line.
Really didnt need anything.

The Adventurer

Really? I thought the cover tag line was perfect.

Too bad the actual strip seemed to take all the poignancy out of it.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

matty_ae

Perhaps I read it wrong.

I just remember it being daft/ironic when Dredd said it holding Rico in a very early prog.

It's just a pun/change to the Hollies song right?

Love the pose