Main Menu

Abc warriors/nemesis. Reading order

Started by Jesusones, 23 March, 2014, 04:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie on 06 April, 2014, 12:42:47 AM
The Exterminator (episode 8, prog 926) informs us that the Pan Astra made first contact with alien life back in 2001, on a commercial passenger tour of Mars.

Clearly a subsequent Proteus mission went further back and prevented commercial spaceflight to Mars entirely.  I say this with confidence, as Tharg assures us that Judge Dredd is a chilling vision of our future.  And if you can't trust Tharg, what's left.

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 April, 2014, 01:02:47 AM
Quote from: sauchie on 06 April, 2014, 12:42:47 AM
The Exterminator (episode 8, prog 926) informs us that the Pan Astra made first contact with alien life back in 2001, on a commercial passenger tour of Mars.

Clearly a subsequent Proteus mission went further back and prevented commercial spaceflight to Mars entirely.  I say this with confidence, as Tharg assures us that Judge Dredd is a chilling vision of our future.  And if you can't trust Tharg, what's left.

I suppose that Dredd story was technically a crossover with James Cameron's Terminator universe. Also, the Volgans (Russians) did sort of invade and occupy the UK in 1999; they just never got much further than the more expensive residential areas of London.

Jesusones

Ok guys. Fallen at the first hurdle. Having real trouble getting a hold of the complete robusters. Preordered months ago from Amazon for an October/November release date only to be told at the last minute that it's unavailable. Now I can't find it anywhere.

Hawkmumbler

The older edition can still be found in both Forbidden Planet and the larger Waterstones in Manchester if that any help...online I guess your best bet is Ebay.

Jesusones

I never thought of waterstones! I can get the digital version from the 2000ad site. But I'd much rather have a physical copy.

Hawkmumbler

Oh yeah. And most Waterstones branches actually have a system that allows them to take stock from one branch to another if they have it requested. I'd give it a shot.

Jesusones

Just checked forbidden planet waterstones and even wh smiths online. No luck.

Jesusones

Hi again. I know this post is too years old. Been reading other stuff. (Loving the dredd mega collection).

Just getting back into abc warriors again. Reading nemesis vol.3 and it says at the end of book 8 to carry on with abc book 3. Not sure. But I think that might be black hole which I've already read according to jimbos list.

Hawkmumbler

ABC's book 3 is Khronicles of Khaos, I believe.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jesusones on 29 May, 2016, 02:37:08 PM
Reading nemesis vol.3 and it says at the end of book 8 to carry on with abc book 3. Not sure. But I think that might be black hole which I've already read according to jimbos list.

Yeah, that's a legacy of the original prog publication - Black Hole took a little break mid-run, hence 'book 2' and 'book 3.' These days you're only ever going to read it in collected form so the break's ignored and it's simply a single book.

Nemesis 8 ended in prog 566, as did the first part of Black Hole - it was back seven progs later, billed as 'book 3.'
@jamesfeistdraws

Jesusones

Also. I see there's another book not on the list. Return to Mars. Is this the only one? Do you know if there are any more in the pipeline?

Dark Jimbo

If you mean my Amazon list, then that's because they made the list feature defunct a few years ago and I can no longer edit the list to add new books. After 'Return to Earth' comes 'Return to Mars' and then 'Return to Ro-Busters', out in July, brings us up to date.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'd go with their publication order. Otherwise, it's a head-trip.
Lock up your spoons!

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 April, 2014, 12:12:24 AM
Quote from: Fungus on 05 April, 2014, 11:23:20 PM
You're suggesting Hammerstein and Nemesis are not real?

Not at all, that would be foolish. Merely that they exist in a different timeline that diverges from our own at least as early as the 1990's (and thanks to Thoth, probably a lot earlier than that).  Whereas we are assured that events in Judge Dredd take place 122 years into our future. The status of Strontium Dog and Ace Trucking would be an ecumenical matter.

The current presence of Mek-Quake in Oxford is the fly in this continointment, having apparently been developed during an early 21st century war that never took place.  Probably something to do with the Rossette of Sirius.

Ace Trucking?  Due to the Kleggs?

Mek-Quake was also sighted in the basement of a building (or so it appeared) on the South Bank of the Thames, circa 1978.

All-Comic.com

Super helpful because I was just thinking about this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk